Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back, chest, abdomen sypmtoms

I'm really frustrated with this.  My symptoms are recurring upper back tightness and pain that radiates to the front.  The back tightness starts with any kind of activity such as making a sandwich!  Once the back is fully aching and uncomfortable, my chest in the middle, just at the bottom of my ribs will feel like a severe hunger pain or cramp.  The symptom that really has me worried is, if I get angry or upset (like our dog barking at someone walking up to our door) the pain in the front starts to throb and worsen with the stress.  Right now it's hurting just up under my ribs on the right side and back.  Been to doc and she's on her second set of blood tests.  Liver function slightly high.  I'm scheduled for a sonogram on Friday.  She isn't really convinced that the back is related.  I'm totally convinced.  I've had this before and it went away only this time it's a lot worse.  Like a sort of attack.  Has been going on for almost three weeks now.  Can't eat much or spicey food either.  Major bloated feeling.  Anyone have any idea?  I'm worried.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been checked for H Pylori and it was negetive.  Liver fuction is a little high so we are running another test with fasting this time.  I believe the sonogram is supposed to help determine if I have gallstones.  I'm also thinking ulcer.  I had en endoscopy about 3 years ago with nothing found but reflux (GERD).  My doc is also testing for Hep A,B,and C.  Results are still pending.  

Thanks everyone for your comments!  I appreciate it.  I guess it's a waiting game right now.  

Bill
Helpful - 0
Have you been checked for an ulcer.  I had pain on my right side below the right breat near my stomach, gallbladder.  My doctor ran a Helicobacter pylori test and found out that I had an Ulcer - caused me very bad pain below my right breast and my side and back.  There is a 14 day treatment for this.
Helpful - 0
sounds like a liver issue. I'd stop any alcohol drinking if you drink and get tested for Hep B and C.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.