Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Heavy Periods

I have been having heavy periods for a while. I have been seeing a new GYN for a little over a yr. She has been showing a lot more interest in me than my past GYN's, which I am very greatful for but I am tired of waiting and would like to know if anyone has these same problems and if you found out what is wrong and what you have done.
For the past month my GYN has been running test to figure out what is going on.
She has done an ultrasound of my uterus, found nothing, I was told I had a fibroid tumor the size of a baseball about 7yrs ago. She just did a uterus biopsy this wk, waiting for her to call with the results. I have had blood drawn during my period, to check for blood disorder, check thyroids, and for anaemia, all is fine there.
My symptoms are: Heavy bleeding, I am on b/c., cramping in back and abdomen, tiredness, diarrhea(especially during my heavy time,I have not discussed this with Dr, didn't think of it as anything until doing research), acheness in legs, sometimes headaches, nausea sometimes-during heavyness. My periods normally last about 5 to 6days, I do think thats because of the pills.
Dr. is talking about some options which one is a hysterectomy, which I am fine with since we have 3 beautiful children and do not want anymore.

I am not sure if this is related or not but I do have pains in my side going down my leg. Last night it was on my left side and lasted for about an hour and again this morning. Not sure if it might be gas!?

Thanks, I am tired of waiting on my Dr.!

by the way I just turned 34 in June.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Look up endometriosis on the internet.  Your symptoms are identicl to the ones I use to have.  I had laproscopic surgery to check for endometreosis and had it lasered at the same time. Feeling much better for now anyway.  It can come back, but i will deal with that when it happens.
Helpful - 0
Sounds so much like fibroids I did not know they shrink away?  Maybe your hormones are off because progesterone is the one that starts your period, maybe you need more estrogen?  Did your doc suggest taking the pill straight for a few months to give yoru body a break from a period?

I know heavy bleeding is more common when we age due to our hormones.
Helpful - 0
Thank you, going there now.
Helpful - 0
I don't have a good answer for you, but you should post this on the Maternal/Child forum. You will get a lot more answers.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.