Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weird shaped ( blood? ) blisters on my vagina

I dont like going to doctors about things below the waste. i know i should but this just seems easier. I have 2 weird blisters on my vagina, One of which is at the top when you first part the lips it is kind of a reddy purple, The oher is like a long line on the right lip. When i irritate it it bleeds a little, but it doesnt lose its colour. What is it?
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I also have the same problem I get them sort of a lot to maybe every too to three months mine itch and sometime r soar I get them in the begging of my lips to I know for sure its not an STD IV been tested and been with the same person for 5 yes I think I'm going to the doctors tomarrow to c if they can figure out what's it from
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, blood blisters on vagina was started.
Helpful - 0
If you are younger than 14, I don't know if this information can help you but, if I were you, I'd ask one of your partners to accompany you to your local Planned Parenthood so that you can be tested for all std's. Or go on your own (take a bus) If you need financial help, they will tell you everything you need to know. An anonymous call asking for information might help you feel better about actually paying a visit to a clinic.  

Go to: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/stds-hiv-safer-sex-101.htm

Don't be afraid or ashamed because your young or because you don't want to tell your parents... what will be worse is telling them that you have cervical cancer from HPV or that you need to go to the hospital for painful sores that have over grown after time without treatment. I am not trying to scare you but the truth is STD's are real and they are not to be taken lightly. Pregnancy is real. Yeast Infections, Bacterial Vaginosis, Herpes (which you can NEVER get rid of), Chlamydia, and many, many more things are very real and can be disturbing. Please consider what I've written within.

Purple blisters could be many things... I myself have had them from rough intercourse but not in multiples. Blood blisters are a type of blister that is filled with blood rather than the fluid commonly associated with blisters. Blood blisters are caused by a rupture of the blood vessels underneath the skin’s surface. This rupture is usually caused by some form of trauma, such as pinching.  Like all forms of blisters, blood blisters form on the upper layer of the skin. They are the body’s natural response to pressure or injury. What differentiates blood blisters from other blisters is the fact that the trauma caused the blood vessels to rupture.  http://www.wisegeek.com/what-causes-blood-blisters.htm

If you had blood blisters that burst, you may want to go to the clinic... you can get an infection that can be very painful.

I hope you take good care of yourself, your body and keep in mind that you aren't the only one who goes through stuff like this. You're never alone!
Helpful - 0
I am extremely afraid i may have an STD. I have had sex with two men, and have done sexual things with one other. I was all three of all men's firsts to do anything with. But the twist is, these purple blisters i have been getting started with my first sexual partner. I have looked up so many different things on the internet to discover what these blisters with blood coming out of may be. But because i am keeping my sexual experiences a secret, i cannot go to the doctor. So i have no way of knowing what is actually wrong with me. I have Type A herpes, and am concerned if i may have gotten Type B passed of to my through my first sexual partners mother. Or, am i having the same problems as 'LeniuXenobia,' as i am too, overweight and have panties that may be too tight. I hope to hear from someone in hopes of figuring out what this problem may be.
Helpful - 0
I have the exact same problem. I'm glad its not just me though. i've only had this happen once before but it went away. That was about a year ago, and now it just came back. Mine almost feels like a lump under the skin but its really purple in color. I hope its not anything serious, I've never had sex before or given/received oral so I'm fairly sure its not an STD. I'm afraid to pop it though due to pain.
Helpful - 0
797340 tn?1240507697
I get these blisters quite frequently. I think it is due to wearing the incorrect size of panties. I think it happens more frequently with me because I am overweight. However I am remedying that. I noticed that with the more weight I lose and the looser my pants/panties get the two pieces of clothing end up "pinching" my vagina lips and shortly after I develope a "blister". I have popped them before and they have gone away rather quickly and I have also left them alone and they've gone away with no problems, leaving them alone seems to take awhile for them to go away. In my case this is not herpes as I am tested regularly for STD's with my pap smears/ birth control check ups. I also seem to always get them in the same spot, so there is no doubt in my mind that these are definately from my pants/panties bunching up and pinching.... Time to get a new wardrobe and proper fitting clothes.
Helpful - 0
I shaved last night and today i found a blood blister on my labia majora- is this linked somehow or do you think it is herpes? I popped it, because I was uneasy as to what it was, and a LOT of blood spurted out. I squeezed most of the blood out, and washed it with water, then put a bandaid over the wound.
I am worried as to what this could be. I was tested for STD's last year and they have found nothing and my boyfriend was a virgin when I began my relationship with him and both of us have been faithful. Any ideas/ suggestions/ treatments?
I'm stressing out so much as I'm only 21, please help!!!
Helpful - 0
736698 tn?1231987708
I have the same problem. I've only had sex with one person and I have many vaginal infections, I just got over one and I too have the same blood blister on the lips of my vagina.

It only hurts when I put pressure on it but it started off as a lump like thing underneath the skin. I have no idea but, did it star off as that with you too?

I don't mind it as long as it heals, but does anyone know if I leave it alone if it'll heal?
Helpful - 0
Hi,

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath. When this happens, the surface of the skin remains intact, but is pushed outwards as serum seeps into the newly created space between the layers.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters are most common on the hands and feet, as these extremities are susceptible while walking, running, or performing repetitive motions. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

Most blisters heal naturally and do not require medical attention. As new skin grows beneath the blister, the fluid contained within it will be slowly reabsorbed by the body and the skin on top will dry and peel off.

The unbroken skin over a blister provides a natural barrier to infection. This means that you should try to keep blisters intact and unbroken in order to avoid infection. Try not to pierce a blister with a needle, but allow it to break on its own once the skin underneath has healed.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.

Helpful - 0
i have the same problem. I have been tested so many times for stds because i am pregnant so i know its not an std. i i see the doctor tomorrow i'll fill you in on what it might be
Helpful - 0
It could be herpes. Blister-like bumps are common herpes symptoms. Herpes usually hurts and the blisters may be oozing clear liquid or blood. Herpes can be spread in skin to skin contact which means that a condom is not 100% safe against herpes.

I would see a gyn if I were you.

----------------
EllenG.
Steadyhealth.com
Helpful - 0
Go to the doctor.  There's nothing below the waist that they haven't already seen.  If you are sexually active, please make sure that you use a condom until you know what is causing your problem.
Helpful - 0
No one can tell you on the internet what it is for the obviou reasons, we can't see it. Also this is a patient to patient forum and no doctors are here. You really need to see a doctor about those. Lesions like that are not "normal" at all. I call them lesions because you said they bleed. Please be seen by a doctor ASAP.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.