Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
155639 tn?1251738603

Small flesh bump

Okay - I posted in the dental forum but have not received an answer. Hope someone can help me.
I had my tonsils removed 17 years ago. I have a small pea sized bump in the left tonsil area and have had it for approx 10 months. It does not have white on it. It is just there. It is like the color of the inside of my mouth. Could this be cancerous? I know anything could be but I have had it for a while. I have an appt with an ENT tomorrow mid morning but now I am so scared. Can anyone give me some insight??? Please!!!

Thank you,

Debbie
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So glad it was nothing. It is still good that you got it checked, but it is great that your mind is at ease.
Helpful - 0
155639 tn?1251738603
Wow-went to the doctor and my tonsil has some regrowth also. Nothing to worry about. Thanks!!
Helpful - 0
When I was 18, I had a fleshy mass under the skin on my shoulder. I turned to medical encyclopedias (the internet wasn't around yet) for information. I scared the heck out of myself as I already had multiple problems that I had yet to seek diagnosis for. All I could find was that I must have cancer, and that it had most likely spread to my lungs since I had shortness of breath. I went to the Dr, and had it removed. It was just an abnormal growth called a lipona. Totaly harmless. My other symptoms were not related, and not cancer. It did take me until I was 30 to get a diagnosis for everything else. Other than telling me about conditions I looked up, the internet did not ease my mind. I am a big fan of internet health sites, because you can gain a lot of knowledge, but if you don't have much background, you can really scare yourself. If it were cancerous, I'm sure it would be growing or changing quickly.
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
I've recently had my tonsils out and have heard that this can indeed occur. You both confirmed it.
Should it happen to me, I won't be worried. ;-)
Helpful - 0
155639 tn?1251738603
That is reassuring as I sit here in panic form. I read that on the internet but of course the biggest item that pops out at you is CANCER. Anyones biggest fear.
Don't you think also that if it was cancer it would have grown or gone into a mass (in my neck) after 10 months?
Helpful - 0
I have the same thing. My Dr. said it was a little bit of tonsil tissue that grew back. It showed up 20 orso years after my tonsilectomy.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.