Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is it premenepause??

Im 35yrs old i had a hysterectomy (kept overies) took cervix, i had my FSH checked 7 weeks after my surgery was normal. i get weird symptoms sometimes at nite my heart beats hard and fast (not racing) just fast.ihad echocardiogram 24hour holter monitor and nuclear stress test everything was normal,i had a sonogram on my head normal,due to foggy brain its almost a year nov.11 since my surgery and i wake up all sweaty sometimes i feel this rush of heat go thru my body and i also get dizzy when walking almost like im going to the side and feel like im gonna pass out the dr. said thats due to my sinuses i also feel achy at times and really tired .i notice i cant handle stress like i used to .i have 3 kids and try to hide all my symptoms when they are around me sometimes mentally i feel like im going to lose it .these symptoms are scary and i feel as if im gonna die ..my mom says its all physcological to talk to a therapist .i get anxiety on and off since my surgery i refuse to take meds for it cause i know now how to control it ..does this sound like premenopause? my mother in law says it does .its controlling my life im afraid to travel outside my neighborhood in fear of getting these symptoms i feel safer in my neihborhood.i have come along way cause i couldnt even sit in front of my house .i just want to live the life i had before this surgery being able to travel like i used to and being happy can you tell me what i can do.i dont have high levels of stress just everyday normal stresses i even want to get a job finally and now this is also stopping me thank u in advance!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, ovarian function may slow down after partial hysterectomy although they are not supposed to. However, many women who underwent the same procedure complain about similar symptoms. Yes, these are perimenopausal symptoms and personally I am not so much in favour of hormone replacement therapy due to its cancer risks, especially estrogen's.

You should talk to your gyn and see if your symptoms are that bad that you would benefit from HRT and if you should undergo hormonal treatment at all.

I hear acupuncture does wonders in relieving menopause symptoms.

----------------
EllenG.
Steadyhealth.com

Helpful - 0
Hi, well I'm sure this is not psychological.   It sounds like you might be entering perimenopause.  There is a website that might help, called earlymenopause.com.
The women there seem very well-informed and could probably help you a lot.  

There are also books that might help.  One is called 'It's my ovaries, stupid' and the other is called What Your Doctor May not tell you about perimenopause.
Oh, and there's another one called the hormonally sensitive woman.

All of these books offer different (and sometimes contradictory) perspectives - but all together & with the help of a doctor they could probably help you a lot.  

Good luck
Helpful - 0
what symptoms did u have? if u dont mind me asking or you can email me at ***@**** thats my email
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I can relate! 1 in 20 woman will go into menopause within 5 years after a hystorectomy (leaving their ovaries). Sounds like that is what is happening to you. You are having the exact same symptoms I had after mine, however it took me 2 years. You need hormone replacement and don't let them tell you your levels are fine. Everyone feels better at a different level. Ask your doctor to give you some low dose estrogen, just half strength and see if this helps you feel better. It can't hurt. But you don't need Progestrogen, don't let them ever give you that! Just straight estrogen. But you need to give it about 3 weeks to a month to work too. If your doctor won't help you then try estroven or something in the natural stores. I would like to keep in closer touch with you as I feel for what you are going through and could share with you more in detail of my SAME experience!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.