Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

medication and zoloft

i have been off zoloft for about a month because it was making me very angry. all my anxiety is back i really want back on the med but im scared it will meake me angry and out of control again.i really dont know if thats what caused it or  it could have just been me cause i do have a tempor problem but if someone could tell me if zoloft can make you angry and out of control, and if it does will it go away. i was only on the med for about 3 weeks. the reason i want back on the particular med is because it worked the best rather than the other ones. please help! thanx!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you so much. God bless you!
Helpful - 0
You poor thing, I know what it feels like! Temper or not, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills can cause some severe reactions. I had a horrible reaction to Welbutrin, but seem to do fine on Zoloft. My friend had the opposite happen. You said they worked better then the "Others" what others did you try? Unfortunately I heard (After I went back on Zoloft, otherwise I would have never went back on it,) that stopping this medication (and a few others) causes withdrawal symptoms that are often worse then the original reason for going on the drug in the first place. I also learned that there is a difference between anti-depressants and anti-anxiety med's, your doc should discuss which would be best for you, I wouldn't suggest going back on Zoloft if you had anger while on it. This is just my personal experience with Zoloft, so I hope you find something that works for you. Let us know!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.