Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Possible blood sugar drop maybe?

PGB
Okay, I felt fine this morning upon waking.  Showered, and went to grocery store still feeling fine.  (Did not eat breakfast, no reason except I wasn't hungry.)  I was in the process of getting groceries gathered up and suddenly got very hot feeling, actually sweating all over, felt faint, and very nauseated.  Had to leave basket sitting in middle of store and swollow repeatedly to keep from vomiting in middle of Wal-Mart.  Once I got outside in fresh air stomach started feeling better.  Bought a sprite and came home without groceries.  Shaking and nausea(spelling) are much better.  Still feel VERY weak and just don't feel good at all.  Could this be from sugar dropping?  Haven't ever had any trouble with my blood sugar before, but do remember my grandmother when hers would drop.  But I can't remember if it was suddenly like that with no warning at all or if it was gradual.  Or if she felt bad beforehand.  What about it?  Any ideas on what this could be?  Really feel weird right now.  It's actually pretty scarey.  Please give me some idea on what this could be.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You will be surprised to know that stomach ulcers and severe acidity can result in hunger pangs. Even GERD presents with similar symptoms. At times the hunger pangs due to acidity wakes up a person in the wee hours of night. If this is the cause you need to treat this. Treatment is a combination of drugs and lifestyle changes. Omeprazole is a good drug to combat this. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food.

The other possibility is low blood sugar. There are many self testing kits available in the market for testing blood sugar. Also if eating and drinking something helps then it could be low sugar or GERD.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Helpful - 0
i feel the same way right now i ate something and still feel bad my grandmother is a diabetic could i have diabetes
Helpful - 0
PGB
Thanks for responding.  Laid down and rested for a while, then got a bite to eat.  Tonight I feel fine.  Weird, huh?  That really was scarey.  Feeling like that out away from home by myself!  Anyway, feel much better now and will probably at least eat a slice of toast or something from now on whether I'm hungry or not.
Helpful - 0
It does sound like a low blood sugar ordeal.  You should see your doc and have your blood sugar levels checked.  They might even do a glucose tolerance test.  On the safe side, you might want to eat a little something for breakfast anyway until then.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.