Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just a Question

Hello everyone...Im a 24 y/0 female and have been wondering alot about my health lately. Although I have never been diagnosed with anything besides MVP, I am still worried about my body. I used to have a job that was very physical and I would be on my feet for long hours and did alot of running around. In August, I switched to having an office job and now I sit all day. I never worked out because I felt like my job was enough running around. I also never ate healthy and never took vitamins. Now that I have been sitting all day my mind tends to wander and think too much about my health, thus resulting in my anxiety returning. So basically my question for everyone is, I want to start leading a healthy life and what has everyone else done to do this?I considered Maybe doing some natural treatments and such, eating healthy, excersize, and taking supplements (vitamins, calcium, fiber) I have recently been put on Zoloft and that seems to help with  the anxiety, but my body just still doesnt feel right. I feel unhealthy and I have done alot of damage by not taking care of myself. I always feel lethargic and if you really want to see my full story with symptoms I posted another question in this forum. What are some of your ideas on how to lead a healthy life and what steps to take..Thanks in advance!!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
AJC
Hello HYPOSTEPH,

Your symptoms are very similar to mine with the exception that the one common variable between us is that we both took only one 10 mg. Lexapro pill and had a severe reaction. Although you are on Zoloft, from what I understand, You still may be suffering from the side effects of the Lexapro. I took the pill almost 6 weeks ago and am still experiencing side effects. The only thing that eases my suffering is a low dose of xanax.
You are the only person I can find anywhere that seems to have a physiology similar to mine. I will list my symptoms experienced on the day after taking the Lexapro,
Panic attack
Waves of uncontrollable energy
Skin flushing and burning on the inside
wierd feeling in my head
extreme nausea
had to run around my house
thought it was an allergic reaction
weakness
numbness in my arms and hands
oversensitivity to hearing and ringing in my ears
head pressure
and of course fear because I had no idea what was happening to me.
These aren't all the symptoms but these were the most prominent. Please contact me so we could possibly collaborate and hopefully help each other.
Thank you,
Tony
my e-mail= ***@****
Helpful - 0
Thank you yea I hope everything works out with this DR. Hopefully he can find what it is...I started taking the Paxil yesterday, and all of a sudden I felt great. I thought I was dreaming! No anxious, no worries, no thoughts, no pain. I dont understand how I could go from Wednesday going through all the pain, and yesterday it was like the sun came out!! It was great, Im looking forward to taking it again today. Or maybe it could be the vitamins ive been taking the last week are finally kicking in.

I dont know if I have been tested. It is possible that when they tested me in May for the lyme that they tested for that. I think they did but everything was negative. Thanks again for your concern and advice..I look forward to living pain and anxiety free! (hopefully)  Have a great day!  =)
Helpful - 0
No problem!  

Sorry you are having a bad day with pain.

I went through a few antidepressants myself, in which they all made me feel worse. Doctor prescribed  an anxiety pill , Lorazepam, which I take as needed and have found it works for me.
I also take mega doses of vitamin and minerals all separate but need to add more eventually. It gets expensive but I don't know which would be more expensive, big hospital/medical bills or the vitamins/minerals. I'm relying heavily on the vitamins/minerals.  I stopped them this summer for a break because I was gone from the house every day and didn't want to carry them with me - mistake! I broke out with two different type of non-itch, non-scaly, non-sore/painless rashes at the same time.  Just stated back again this month with my vitamin/mineral routine and rashes are subsiding.  I also have MVP which so far have had no problems with - just have to take 4 antibiotic capsules an hour before dental work and teeth cleaning.  Properly before any surgery too.
Do you have arthritis? Or been tested? Having an autoimmune disorder(s), nothing in health is a 100% thereafter (sigh).

Good luck with the infectious disease DR. I hope he finds your problem(s).

Helpful - 0
Once again thank you for the advice. I have taken it and on my lunch break today I went to barnes & nobles and got a bunch of books on taking vitamins and living healthier. I have been taking more vitamins as well. I also talked to my doctor about a different perscription since I didnt feel the Zoloft was working and today was my last pill. I also made an apt. with an infectious disease DR. to talk about the Lyme. ...Unfortunately, today was a really bad day..I had really bad pains/cramps in my hands and up my arms...It feels like its in my bones...Its really weird...Hopefully I get it all taken care of! Thanks again.... =)
Helpful - 0
Reading all your symptoms in your previous post, I think you have many different unrelated things going on.  Maybe you should look, research and have medically checked out, the ones you already haven't, each one individually.
I suggest purchasing a real good vitamin/mineral, nutritional book that deals in health issues, physical and mental. Also a book on nutritional foods containing vitamins/minerals relating to health issues, mental and physical.
I have no peculiar book in mind - you'll have to check into that yourself.
No herbal remadies, but vitamins, minerals and nutrition through foods.

Good Luck! Feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
Thank you guys for your replies and ideas...I am starting to do some of these things you mentioned...I have also been taking alot of vitamins and supplements to help. My body still doesnt feel better...I feel like **** all day at work..Like I just want to go home and sleep...I also feel like its been extra hard to get out of bed the last couple days...Maybe I just dont like my job...But could that really be causing all these physical symptoms? I simply just feel like theres something thats not right... But I hate going to the Dr's...I've been to 4 different DR's in the last few months and no one finds anything wrong with me but I just feel so physically ill that there has to be something thats not right... All blood tests, ultrasounds, and EKG's are normal. I was also tested for Lyme in may and that was negative as well. I still think that it is Lyme but it mimics so many other ailments like Fibro and CFS that I dont know anymore. Im just so confused and I try to keep my mind off of it but Its so hard to when you feel so sick...If you would like to take a look at a list of my symptoms, I posted them not too far back...Please help me if anyone knows of what this may be...I dont want to go back to the DR's they think im NUTS! I just need some releif..Thanks in advance..
Helpful - 0

Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! and laugh some more!  
Keep your sense of humor.
Be happy!  Surround yourself with happiness, happy people and happy situations.
When watching TV watch funny sit coms or funny movies that make you laugh and the same when going to movies - watch things that make you feel good - not sad.

Laugh and the world laughs with you!

(weep, and you weep alone)

Laughing is half of any battle!
Helpful - 0
Pum
You've got a lot of good ideas already.  I'd add, "not searching anything to do with health on the internet".
Also, listening to music, excercise, meditation, keeping busy, and doing things for other people ie charity work or something like that.  Anything to take your mind outside of yourself.
Eat 5 or more servings of fruit or vegetables and some whole grains (oatmeal for breakfast is a good one).
Gee it's way easier to give this advice than to take it.  You have not done anything to your body that can't be undone, not at your age.
Good luck.  You've reminded me to do some of these things more.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.