Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What tests needed

I am seeing  Dr. tomorrow and would like to ask for testing.  What tests would I need for the following symptoms?

Fatigue
Neck and shoulders ache daily
Feeling something stuck in throat when swallowing
Left arm daily feels like being squeezed
Rashes
Foggy head
Feet swollen when I wake every morning
Joints and muscles ache at night
Wake up frequently
Lymph nodes in groin and arms ache when tired weekly
Heartburn-weekly
mid back aches in night and morning-daily
pain under ribs more so within the past 2 weeks and nausea
pain walking upstairs radiates from neck to arm, not as much lately
Cramps in calves-at least 1/2 weekly
Hip pain every night, mostly lef but can be both
urinating more frequently

I have had a cbc that showed a ana positive 160 and a negative rheumatiod factor.

I want further testing as this is interfering with my life.  Testing inparticular for the pain under my ribs.  What tests?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is so frustrating when a doctor says it's "All in your head". Moreover, sometimes "in your head" doesn't mean there aren't actual symptoms which need medical treatment.

I once had a doctor tell me I'd feel better if I went home and put make up on. Shortly after that, and after seeing a different doctor, I had an ovarian cyst the size of a small orange removed, along with half of an ovary.

I hope you find a doctor with some compassion and a willingness to go the distance to help you, to at the very least relieve some of your symptoms.

Do you have any news yet?

Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Hi!  Well the Dr. said none of my symptoms posted a red flag and I needed to relax because everything seemed to be hurting.  Obviously, he thinks it is all in my head!  He said I could have all the tests but wants me to wait to see my own Dr. who comes back in November.  I have an appointment with her November 6th.  She had sent me to a rheumotologist who has ordered more blood work but gave me something to take at night as he thinks I am not in a deep enough sleep.  Otherwise, I think he thinks I am a hypochondriac too.  I never complain about my issues to others and it is not in my head.  My feet and ankles swell at night and are swollen in the mornings.  How do I make that happen?  I have 3 things that bother me most.  1.  Fatigue, I cannot stay awake as my eyes become heavy and often my nodes in my arm and groin ache until I nap.  I nap at my lunch at school, nap when I get home, nap again before supper.  It is getting worse! 2.  There is something in my throat that hurts everytime I swallow.   The Dr. asked if I can get food down, I can and said everyones throat feels that way! 3.  My mid back now aches in the morning and I am getting pain under my right rib every evening and wake up with sharp ones at night.  I just need help and do not know what to do next.  Help???
Helpful - 0

Ahh... lyme ! Thank you, springbrock. I knew I forgot a good one.
Helpful - 0
please have them test you for lyme.
Helpful - 0
sedimentation rate (ESR) - inflammation
CRP (C-reactive protein) binding - inflammation
serum protein electrophoresis
routine blood counts
routine chemistry panels
increased muscle enzymes (such as CPK) if muscle involvement is present.
Anti-nuclear antibody test (ANA) t
Anti-DNA antibody test
Anti-Sm antibody test
Complement C3 & C4
T4 - thyroid
TSH - thyroid

If I think of anymore, I'll let you know ! Good luck with your appointment !
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.