Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Palps and Chocolate

For two days in a row I ate chocolate chips cookies and believe me they were loaded with large morsels.  I am recovered patient of cardiomyopathy (possible "stress" related).  Can eating these delectable things cause my palps? I noticed them the next day after eating the cookies and more noticeable when on my feet and doing normal chores around the house.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No prob! You know, at first I had to COMPLETELY avoid the chocolate, but now that I have the Anxiety under control I can eat my chocolate again usually with no problem. And I know what you mean about it being worth it! ha ha!
Helpful - 0
WOW ... thanks for that info.  I get panic attacks and bad anxities when i consume caffeine - i have switched to diet sprite and i wonder if i'm also sensitive to the sweetner in that - i never even thought of that.  Sorry to hiijak the thread, but that made me go "woah" ...

Thanks!

Feel better to the original poster - i would have to agree it is the caffeine in the chocolate.  I have been having a few dark chocolate m&ms each day "for my health" - lol and about 20 minutes after i eat them i get it full on.  :)  It's worth it though.  
Helpful - 0
I DO SUFFER FROM ANXIETY/PANIC BUT I AM NOT ON MEDS FOR IT. I HAVE APPT TO SEE PSYCH EARLY NOVEMBER FOR THIS.  ONCE WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL THEY GAVE ME TRAMADOL (ULTRAM) FOR SHOULDER PAIN, I HAVE TORN ROTATOR CUFF AND THAT MED GAVE ME EEEEEXTREME ANXIETY IT FELT LIKE MY HEART WAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE, I WILL WATCH OVER NEXT FEW DAYS TO SEE IF PALPS SUBSIDE...THANK YOU.
Helpful - 0
Yeah, the chocolate definitely could have caused it. I have Anxiety/Panic disorder and if I drink ANY caffeine, including chocolate and even Aspartame, I get the palps. You might want to talk to your doctor anyway - just in case. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Chocolate contains caffeine and caffeine can cause palpitations.  My mom eats a completely caffeine-free diet because of hearts palps...that includes chocolate.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.