Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Shaky hands and Aching arms

I am a 25 year old female.  For about a month now I have noticed that when I hold a piece of paper or when I am eating, my hands are not steady.  I have been getting pains and aches in my arms too.  I have been through an extremely stressful period since summer, but since the symptoms have started, the stressful situations have eased off.

I am worried that as I type my symptoms on line, I always get results of terrible diseases and illnesses.  I am a natural worrier so I don't know if my anxiety about being ill has actually made the symptoms worse.  I am obsessed with watching how other people hold objects to see if they shake too.

About two months ago my Dad was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease, and it scares me that hand tremors are one of the symptoms (although I have no resting tremor).  It does not affect my sleep, but is constantly on  my mind while I am awake.  I have no difficulty doing anything.  I have full use of my hands and my grip and strength is good.

I have been seeing a chiropractor for two weeks regarding shoulder and neck tesion, but I am concerned that the shaking is not related.

Last visit to the nurse showed a high blood pressure, but it was when I was going through this stressful period.

Any help would be most gratefully recieved as I think I am driving myself mad thinking about it!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
have you had any blood tests? I'm anemic (or used to be) and I used to get really shaky hands from the low iron levels...
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your help.  I have been to the doctor and she says I have no obvious neurologigal symptoms.  Hopefully it should just ease off and dissapear gradually.  Perhaps sometimes we all just need to relax and chill out.
Helpful - 0
Have you seen a neurologist yourself just to comfort your mind?  Also if blood pressure seemed high at the reading its always best to have it monitored.  Stress definelty can cause lots of symptons especially high blood pressure but just to put yoursefl at ease it is always best to go to the doctor you know you dont like the way you feel and if you can go get yourself checked out.  good luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.