Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
161596 tn?1698503553

heart palpitations brought on from leaning against left chest area?

I have noticed that sometimes when I am leaning against the countertop island while on the pc, or if I'm putting my daughter in her crib after she falls asleep, the pressure against my left breast area seems to "spark" heart palpitations.

I have had an echo, EKG and bloodwork done back in May due to ectopic beats, or PVCs, and all came back fine. I attributed it to too much caffeine, stress, lack of sleep, etc.

Most of the PVC's have gone away but like I said, sometimes they can get started up again when I am leaning against my left breast.

Sometimes I don't like sleeping on my left side due to this same reason. I just don't feel comfortable on my left side. The sound and feeling of my heartbeat bothers me and the palps can sometimes get started this way.

I hope I'm ok! Does anyone know what could be the cause?

TIA

Kelly
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am 30 years old. I have been getting what I suppose you would call palpitations, I feel them mostly on the left breast and I can actually see my breast pumping.

I got nervous since this was happening all day its been about 3 weeks now. went to my doctor had full medical exams, breast check, ultrasound, mamo. had a holitor monitor, and an echocardiogram. blood work. bp all normal to my relief.

I have some stomach digestive problems and my doctor said that this could be the cause along with stress. He put me on librocol for 2 weeks. Im on day 5 now and they are not as strong but still feel them and still see the movement.

I understand anxiety issues are sometime related but I am a very happy person and I have no problems that would cause this sort of thing.

Anyone go through anything like this?

Thanks
Jess
Helpful - 0
I would see your doctor and be checked for Atrial Fib...I have this and when I lean Atrial Fib.

Sandra
Helpful - 0
I just searched Heart Palpitations and sleeping on left side, and this JUST started with me!  I have always been in great health, take no meds, BP normal to Low.  I am 52 which I didn't think was THAT old,
now I'm getting worried.  I've had these palpitations all my life since my teens. NEVER this though.  I'm afraid I will roll over to my left side in my sleep and die!  I'm not stressed out or anything. I do drink coffee, but I always have, about 3 cups a day.

If you find anything out please advise. Thanks
Peggy
Helpful - 0
Hi

I have the same thing! Whenever I sleep on my left side I seem to get palpitations as well.

Also, I have no idea if it is related, but my left boob is noticeably smaller then my right boob.

Did you by any chance find out why you get the palpitations when you lean on your left side?

Curious as well:) - Thanks
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.