Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

strange smells for no reason

Within the last two weeks, I have had smelled very strange smells for no reason.  I smell smoke (like we had just been in a bar) - but no one in our family smokes, also normal smells don't smell the same. (Garlic chicken smells strange).  I feel OK otherwise - except for what I thought was a bladder infection - but was not. That is not completely resolved.  Thanks in advance for your help.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Undiagnosed symptoms was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, eye pain and phantom smells was started.
Helpful - 0
If you are female ...You could be Pregnant, When i was pregnant , my sense of smell was affected and for a couple of months i had a metally taste in my mouth constntly!! TAKE A TEST!!!
Helpful - 0
I know what is wrong with you.  You either have phantom odors or parosmia.  I also suffer with this.  There is a support group, get into yahoo and type in parosmia.  Not only will you find information,  you will find a support group with a ton of information along with a list of smell and taste clinics.
Helpful - 0
Hi, I just wanted to add something.  The 'smoke' smell is actually common with this disorder.  This is called phantosmia, where you are experiencing phantom smells.  Join the support group for parosmia and you should get guidance as to where to go for help.  Also, the Cleveland Clinic that offers this forum has a smell/taste center.  Best regards.
Helpful - 0
Pum
Sinus infections can also cause this.
Helpful - 0
Are you female? Could you be pregnant?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.