Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

chest discomfort and dizziness

Hi, im 18 years old. i have anxiety and everything worrys me.I also have acid reflux. Here lately i have been experienceing chest pain off and on all day everyday. its sometimes pain throbbing and sometimes a cramping or squezzing pain. i also experience dizziness every time this happens i have been told its just my acid reflux but why would that cause me to get dizzy. and i also start sweating and i feel like everthing is happening really fast like my mind is spinning. i experince this all day off and on and im tired of the constant pain and worry. if anyone can give me some advice or anything to help ill really appreciate it. thanx.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im 30 years old and ive been battling acid reflux, heart arrythmias, panic attacks, anxiety attacks and low testosterone for more than ten years and it *****. right now im taking zoloft,metoprolol,zantac and androgel, so let me tell u from experience your definately suffering from panic attacks, and worrying about it every time it happens only makes it worse, or feeling like your going to die those combinations just intensify panic attacks by 100 times, anyway i hope this helps, good luck.
Helpful - 0
are you taking and reflux medication.  I recently found out my dizziness and chest squezzing pain  stopped after I stop taking the drug (protonix).
Helpful - 0
Yes, sounds like classic panic attacks ... You have to get therapy and they will possibly give you some medication to help slow your racing mind down. Please do that so you can work it out while you are still young. You deserve the best ! God bless you and I hope you get better.
Helpful - 0
165026 tn?1514167516
Hi Jones,

Sounds like you have symptoms of panic attacks.  Check into it.
It is caused by anxiety.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.