Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tingling in left leg when looking down

I am a 23 year old male in decent shape. Not overweight, and a non smoker. So just about four days ago I felt what seemed like a twitch in my left thigh, or a feeling of my hair standing up. It wasn't until two days after that, that it was caused by me bending my head forward as if touching my chin to my chest. After discovering its cause, I of course compulsively kept bending my head forward. Now the feeling is over my entire left leg when looking down. I'm not sure if I've aggravated it or what. Ot happens the worst when sitting, and only when I bend my head directly down (not left or right). It is as if my leg feels asleep for the moment my head is down. If I bend at the waist it has no effect, only through the neck. If I leave it down for a while, it seems to "stretch" it and won't occur for a few minutes after that. Other than that, my leg has normal operation and feeling to it. Any ideas guys??? Thanks!
~C
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you both need to get an MRI or something.

Sounds like a slipped disc impinging on your spinal cord (your spinal cord is most certainly involved in some way!!).  This may or may not be potentially serious, so please don't make light of the situation until you know for sure.  A doctor is the only one who can prescribe the MRI, but a physical therapist can be very helpful in the rehab.

Helpful - 0
I am a 22 year old male, also healthy, not over weight, and a non-smoker.  I have the exact same symptoms, but in both of my legs! Doctors haven't figured it out.  It started almost a year ago, and went away for several months, and then spontaneously came back last week.  Whenever I try and touch my chin to my chest, i get the tingling from my feet to my waist.  Looking back up stops the tingling.  Anyone else feel this too?
Helpful - 0
Look up Lhermittes sign. Have you ever had a MRI of your cervical (neck) done?  Sometimes a problem there will cause this feeling in your leg.  Just a thought!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.