Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My mother has sowlen feet, she is 75 years old and the last month she has hurt her shoulder

My mother is 75 years old about a month ago she hurt her shoulder really bad the doctor said she might have a bone spur. she refuses to go see a spealists. Because she does not like doctors. this was the first time in my life that she saw a doctor because she thought the pain would go away. she only weighs 83 pounds . she will not eat or drink. My father is with her and he is the same age. Now her feet are swollen. And she refuses to see a doctor for this problem Please can you help me  I love my mom so much, she also was a acloholic for about 10 years but quite when the doctor gave her tylnoel with codiane. Please give me some advise. She also does not want to take care of herself, like bathing or brushing her hair or putting clean clothes on please respond asap.   Thank you for your time   Ronda
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi just another note the news was having a special that house calls by doctors are becoming popular again.  Not sure where you live but it is definelty worth looking into.  I agree with above poster about congestive heart failure.  
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear about your mom...sounds like a tough situation and my heart goes out to you.  Swelling in the lower legs can be a sign of congestive heart failure, among other things.  I have no idea what to do about her unwillingness to see a doctor.  She needs to keep her feet elevated as much as possible (especially while sleeping) to help the fluid move.  If her feet/ankles stay swollen for too long, or are very swollen, it can damage the tissues and nerves.  I hope she is able to get some help soon.  Maybe there's an organization in your city that helps the elderly in cases such as this.
Helpful - 0
So sorry to hear about your mom.  Especially at that age and you trying to take care of them.  Swollen feet can occur from many things.  She doesnt eat so I am not sure if too much sodium is her cause.  When someone has heart or other organ problems or high blood pressure to much sodium cause swellin especially with heart problems.  Sice your mom wont go to the doctor is it a possiblity to get a visiting nurse (actual nurse not nurses aid) there are companies out there that send qualified register nurses to homes to check on patinets.  Maybe its a possiblity to look into this.  If I recall one tv commercial for Bayada nurses (not sure if that was spelled right) maybe you can research the number call them and see if a nusre can so how come to your moms home and look at her that way.  Wish you well for your mom
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.