Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

slow heartbeat after pregnancy scared

I am a 20 yr old new mother i had my baby a week ago,2 days after i came home i started feeling light headed i thought it might be my blood pressure but it wasnt it end up being my heart.  My heart normally beats to fast i had a holtor monitor done at 7 months pregnant because of palpitation but came back normal.When im setting around my heart is beting between 44-58 when im moving its beating around 58-77 im scared ive never dealt with  slow heart rate only fast if someone has gone through this after having a baby please let me know and how long does it last.DO you know the cause?Is there anything i can do.

thanks sincerley
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi! I was just looking around and came across your comment. I also had a slow heartrate after I had a baby. I remember lying down and feeling a little light headed (probably not so unusual after having a baby) I took my pulse and my heartrate was in the 40s. I called my Dr. but nothing ever came of it. I think it could be related to changes in your hormone levels right after having a baby. Anyway it came right back up and did correct itself over a few weeks. My kids are now 11 and 7. Good Luck and enjoy that baby!
Helpful - 0
I don't know much about your particular health, but I have a lot of health problems and I am 27, my Dr. said it is good to have a lower heart rate, that it is healthy. I also had a slow heart rate and also a fast one. I went through a full workup and also the EKG confirmed slow and then we did a stress test I was about 23 when we did this and the Cardialogist was impressed with how great my heart looked especially where I come from everyone has heart disease on both sides of my family from both grandparents, to my mother, my sister, you get the picture. If you are worried pursue it.  Those monitors work pretty well, my sister had to wear quite often, I would have rather had that than the stress test.  Good Luck, and I know how it feels I also drop my blood pressure and go into shock has nothing to do with the heart rate, I suffer from a rare disease.  Bye,Crystal
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.