Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

im getting scared again too...ms , what else?

so i wrote on this neurology forum..the dr. answered and said my history and precious tests do not suggest ms, but i was talking to someome privatly from this forum who has alot of the same symptoms...tingling, burning and that crawling sensation or dripping sensation under the skin...anyway, her last mri that she just got back today says 'high intensity of white mattter in some areas" now, does anyone know, does that mean ms?? because she also had bladder and vision problems like me..not the exact same but still.  I am getting scared again.  Can sombody help me please?? has anyone posted ont he neurology forum or talked to a neurologist who can explain the tingling/crawling sensations???
Im so scared..i dont know what to do anymore....
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dear Sally,
I have ms. I am doing just fine. I am not in a wheel chair but have had spells where I did need help walking. So??? If ya gotta have a disease, I pick this one! Cancer can cause death far, far more than ms. How about schzophrenia? That would suck. What if you went blind or had to have your intestines removed and poop in a sack taped to your belly? I know people who truly have suffered with each of these illnesses and I thank god that I only have ms. For what it's worth, I don't thik you have it. The symptoms you describe can be caused by so so many little things and most of them are not life long. Sally, you are way too young to be worried about what you might have. I was 29 when I was diagnosed. A year later I was dancing and playing. I got sick again, got better again. sick, better, sick, better.... Live your life Sally, don't let life live wihtout you because it will. Everybody knows the saying that "Life goes on" It will go right on while you sit and worry. If you have a bad day or week or month, let it go cuz a better day is surely coming!!! It always does. Always!!!!! ps...this isn't to say you shouldn't tell your dr when you don't feel right but just don't worry!
Helpful - 0
get up your courage and go to the dr, when you hear that nothing is wrong most of your symptoms will disapear, but i do understand why you do not want to go, i go through the same thing, right now i am debating on going to a ms dr or just riding out this flair up, part of me doesnt want to know if i have it but then on the other hand it would put my wondering thoughts to rest, everyone is right reading these can really scare someone especially if you have the same symptoms or if someone names a few weird symptoms that you had but forgot about, anyways you can keep writting to me at me email like before if you want too, you really have helped me to realize that i need to be strong for my kids.thanks for your support and im sorry if my symptom list got you worked up.
Helpful - 0
Yes, you need a prescription, but dont be scared, just get it done and be happy when they say you dont have MS and that its nerves or stress. If it was MS, it probably would have reared its ugly head and you would really notice something dramatic. Go and have the test done again to ease your mind. You have been suffering with this worry too long and the stress from worrying it what's going to do you in.
Helpful - 0
Sally, if it will ease your mind, have another MRI of you brain, if it comes back negative, then rejoice and enjoy your life...........
Helpful - 0
I would but im too scared.Im afraid it would come out positive.
when i get stronger, hopefully i will, ill go.
Id have to go to a neurologist to get a script for the mri, right?
Helpful - 0
Sally, I'm gonna try and comfort you again! You are okay! If you had gone this long without treatment and truly had MS, you would have gotten worse. By looking at my dad and uncle, you'd have NO CLUE they had MS. And my dad has had it for 18 years! So even if it WAS MS, it's really not the end of the world. But if all your tests have come back negative, then please try to enjoy your healthy life. I know it's not easy. I told you my story of stressing about health. But anxiety can REALLY send nasty symptoms that mimic other health problems. And by the way, I hate to say this, but sometimes reading everything on this site can make things worse for those of us that have health anxiety. That's why I quit looking at the heart forum! :) Please try not to worry! Good luck and God bless!!!
Helpful - 0
I know you are right aruba...i just talked to a dear friend of mine whose mom and sister both have ms...her mom got it very young and has a pretty mild case of it all her life..She must have it for at least 40 years..Her sister is not so lucky, but she got it later in life and it came on very agressive...even if i do have it, it is not the aggressive form, so i should be okay either way. She said whats the worst thing tht could happen if you go have another mri?? and i wasnt sure what to say...except worrying about my future and what MIGHT happen..no one knows about their future..i just didnt want to be "labeled" with it..didnt want people to feel "sorry for me" she said no one has to know anything..just tell who you want to know...anyway it did help..im still not going for another mri at this point inmy life. maybe when i get stronger..i have to get my marriage back on track..im having many very serious problems there, and im trying to get my real estate lisence..which will make me feel ive accomplished something.
Maybe you could talk to your dad and show him my posts.  not that it matters much unless he's up on everything to know about ms, since it does affect everyone differently.  
My friend said i can talk to her sister but she knows she'll just tell me to go have the mri and get it over with..find out once and for all.  like i said before, when i get stronger, maybe i will. thanks aruba for helping me...and this forum is kind of driving me crazy, but i have one last comment into the neurologist on the neurology forum...i asked him if he thinks i should go have another mri, or get on with my life...his first post said my history does not suggest ms, but i didnt tell him everything. thanks again!
Helpful - 0
i know about montel..he has alot of pain with his ms..my friend's neighbor has ms..for about 40 years now i think..shes doing pretty well except that she has to catheterize herself...also her sister has it as well..she has it worse though...i also have a neighbor who has it kind of bad...sometimes he has to use an electric wheelchair..its sad hes young and has a very young daughter...
I know that if you're female and have gotten it yound and if optic neruitis is one for your first symptoms, then the chances of it being mild are very good.
Helpful - 0
oh..the test im referring to are the mri's..i dont know if i had them with or without contrast or if they did them that way back then....but in any case, they were normal as were my spinal tap and blood tests.
Helpful - 0
hi pazman and heart2heart..

well, the reason im so convinced is because bladder and vision problems are major symptoms of ms and i have both and then i hve the tingling, burning and strange sensations of water dripping inside my body..it sounds so strange..i know, but other people on the neurology forum have it too..and they are all symptoms as well..also, i start to think that i had the test back in 1991..maybe they werent so accurate back then...i dont know....and then this lady  who has alot of my symptoms now has things showing up on her mri..shes had symptoms for longer than me..so i strt thinking if she has high intensified white matter on her brain..then maybe i do too!!
other symptoms i have include night seats, hands and feet falling alseep easily, numbness on tip of one toe for several years and sometimes numbness in left knee cap and also in past 2 weeks in tip of right index finger...and ive started with some twitches in my back..a new symptom..they are small and dont bother me much once in a while i get them. my vision problems are that things that move across my field of visoin are "streaky" like if i wave my hand in front of my face..many many floaters, after-images, right pupil does not dilate as large as left pupil, i guess thats all i can think of right now..i know that i should just be happy i havent had any worse symptoms and i know its been 18 years, and i havent gotten much worse, except for some sensations and vision problems, and im thankful for that...

what do you guys think besides me taking up yoga..which ill have you know i have been doing a little of...im also in the process of getting my real estate liscence  which has been keeping my mind off of this stuff and my other personal marital problems..thanks guys! ill be waiting for a response!
Helpful - 0
Have you had an MRI of the brain?  If no lesions are found then you don't have MS.  You are so worried right now regarding the"MS" that I think your fear is worse than the symptoms of MS. Lots of people have MS and live long lives nor do most of them become wheelchair bound. Look at Montel Williams, did you know he has MS?
Helpful - 0
Sally,Sally,Sally, you are starting to freak yourself out again. You need to calm down. Why are you so convinced that you have MS, when all of the tests you have taken, confirm you dont have it. Get on with your life and stop dwelling on this. I think you need to take Yoga and learn how to meditate.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.