Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about possible CSF leak!!

I am worried that my brain may be leaking CSF.  About a year and a half ago, I laid down on my bed, and when my head hit the pillow, I got this strange sensation, like when you accidentally get water in your nose while swimming; and this clear, almost tear-like fluid began dripping out of my nose, like my nose was crying or something.  And it dripped maybe, 5-10 times, then stopped, and my nose dried up like normal, and it didn't happen when I put my head on the pillow again.  This happens quite frequently, about once every two weeks... If I put my head down in a certain position, my nose starts dripping this clear fluid.  I don't recall any head trauma that I may have experienced, I haven't gone through any kind of surgery or anything, so I just passed it off as sinuses (though I have never had any sinus problems in my life before, and this fluid seems to pour from my nose when I cry) And I didn't think anything of it until I found something about CSF and possiblities that the brain fluid leaks.  I want to know if this is an actual leak, and what I need to do to take care of it, where I need to go, or if it is just sinuses, and I can stop worrying.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I forgot to mention, it drips massively every two weeks, but actually, it's constantly draining.  And it's clear, like tear-fluid, not slimy at all or foggy like snot; and there is NO pain associated.  It just feels like my head is draining.
Helpful - 0
Is it serious?  I mean, I get some headaches every now and then, but they are bearable, and OTCs usually take care of it pretty good.  I know I should probably get it tested, but I am one of the people who don't have medical insurance right now, or money.
Helpful - 0
Oh, I'm wondering.. do you think that maybe "cracking" your neck might cause it?  That's really the only thing I can think of that I might be doing to damage my neck.  Oh, thanks for your help by the way, I really appreciate it.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry, I have another question-  How would I know if I have any other symptoms of something serious?  Is there somewhere I can go that would have a list to indicate what illnesses, ailments, diseases; that I might have?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.