Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Blood clot in Stool!

Hi all,
I normally have some blood in the stool whenever i have constipation. But i noticed recently that when i am little constipated, i have blood clots in the stool. Could this be serious? I was till today hesitant to go to doctor about the blood in the stool coz, the test sounds embarrasing..
Thanks
pam
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
think about this embarrasing or not , how wonderful to know that everthing was looked at and you can be a whole lot less stressed.Which is the major point here. Go to the doctor, they can give you a mild sedative and from I am told you can even be slighlty under anthesia - you wake up its all over and you wont remeber its done.  You will just be greatly relieved to know you took care of yourself.  My mom and dad have both gone a few times for colonoscopies.  According to them it really is no big deal.  Good luck
Helpful - 0
My uncle waited 3 years to go to the Dr. By the time he went, he had terminal colon cancer. He was dead in four months. My Mom waited almost that long too, because she was afraid of a colonoscopy. Her colon cancer spread to her liver, and she nearly died. I'm not saying you have cancer, but you need to find out right away. If it is cancer, the earlier you catch it, the better your chances. Colon cancer is the most treatable cancer, IF it's caught early. Anyway, how about a little peace of mind?
Helpful - 0
The test is not bad, I just went with my mom to have hers done.  It's a whole lot better than the alternative.  Blood in the stool is not something to mess around with.
Helpful - 0
Can also be hemmorroids!  Hoping its not cancer!  Good Luck 2 you!
Helpful - 0
You need to go for a colonoscopy, this will assure you that it is not anything serious.Then you can work on mending what it is. Dont wait, just get it done, I have had 4 in my life time. the worst part about it is the night before, going to the bathroom all night.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.