Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

bleeding from rectum what could it be

Ok, here goes..... for the last 6 weeks or so i have had bleeding when emptying my bowels. the blood is bright red and doesnt appear every time i open my bowels. When it happens i can tell as there feels like a slight tearing sensation and i look down and blood is on the feacal waste ( sp?) sometimes the water is also turned red and there is also blood ( seems quite a lot but may only be a couple of spoonfuls ) on the paper. obviously i have read on the internet and know that bleeding is a symptom of bowel cancer. I feel that because i feel a slight tearing/pain when it happens that it could be piles or something else but would like it if someone could give me some input as to what else it could be. Thanks
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey, it started out bout 4-5 days ago and not being much blood  but no there are gettin to be more blood.bright red blood some small blood clots on paper.and i have a burning fellin  the whole time during bowel movement,afer im done there is still a little burning.i am 31 and over weight.is there an over the counter product i can buy to try to test and see what i have  or do i need to see a doc?i have no health insurance, so what will the doctor do if i have to go see one?  do u have a ball park figure what it will cost?

thanks,jeff
Helpful - 0
I'm betting on internal hemmoroids, or a fissure. Bright red blood indicates the source is low. If you said the blood was very dark, or black (like coffee grounds), it would be higher as in the stomach. This doesn't sound serious!
Helpful - 0
You should see a doctor regardless.  Colon cancer can be fatal, but caught early is very treatable.  Don't diagnose yourself.  Set up an appt to be sure.
Helpful - 0
I agree with the others. You should see you dr. to confirm this though. You can also try a hemmorhoid cream or ointment twice a day, and see if within a couple of weeks you are back to normal. A Dr. can alsogive you suppositories for internal  hemmorhoids, and laser surgery is available for the realy stubborn cases.
Helpful - 0
You either have internal hemmroids or an anal fissure....
Helpful - 0
I had the same thing happen before.  I rushed to the er, and they did a colonoscopy and checked for cancer.  It turned out to be internal hemmroids.  I am betting that is what it is.  You may want to see a doctor, or use an otc and see if it clears up first.  What concerns me is how long it has been going on.  While it sounds like hemmeroids, you may want to have a doctor look at it to be sure.  

Best wishes.

Amanda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.