Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hoarse and lump in throat

ok let me see if i can squeeze all this in.... hoarsness going on for about 6 months.... voice sounds strained and sometimes takes effort..... do have allergies but on Allegra D once a day and that keeps post nasal dripping down.... Have had the sensation of having a lump in my throat for about a month.... especially when swallowing... Noticed the past few days that it is more on the right side.... not right in the middle... very tired all the time.... have no energy...my older sister does have under active thyroid but i was tested about 8 months ago and they said everything was fine...any suggestions as to what this could be??
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same symtoms-  going on 9 yrs now-  went to drs. for 2 yrs and no one could figure it out-  then finally went to a university here in Florida and got my answer-  instead of acid reflux, I have throat reflux-  you can read about it online and see if this is your answer. The lump in my throat is gerd-  the food doesnt stop at the esphogas like tis supposed to but leaks up into the throat area and causes muscous formation on the side of my throat and causes a lump sensation-  it comes and goes now but was there for 2 yrs straight and couldnt take it anymore.  It finally subsided when they put me on prevacid but still comes and goes. Have you tried nexium or prilosec or protonix?  Not saying this is your promblem but sure sounds like me- my voice is always hoarse from it also.  Go to your search engine and look up  "throat reflux"
Helpful - 0

Helpful - 0
I have barium ex rays , Upper and Lower GI serices
ENT examine and nothing was found.
I have cold nodules on my thyroid glands and doctors say this shouldn't my swallowing problems.
I have tried Prevacid and similar products but they only give me survice gas and I still have a problem swallowing. I do have burning in my throat sometimes but no endigestion.
What could it be.
Helpful - 0
Go do a barium swallow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.