Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unexplained symptoms. PLEASE HELP! There is something wrong!

Hi! I'm a healthy 29 year old female. I've never been to see a doctor or had any problems. I've never even had a GP as of February. Since the beginning of February I've had the following symptoms:
Headache
Fever
Nausea
Motion sickness/vomiting
Inner shakes
Heart palpitations (only when I smoked or slightly exerted)
Joint pain
Muscle pain
Muscle Spasms
Cracking joints
Ringing in both ears
Neck and shoulder pain
Tingling/pins & needles
Numbness
Blurred vision
Loss of vision(lasted 10 seconds)
Light-headedness
Fatigue
A clicking in my throat when I swallow
Burning sensation on my lower back
I have had a CT scan of the brain-NEGATIVE. Lumbar puncture-NEGATIVE. Mammogram-NEGATIVE. MRI of the brain-NEGATIVE (Sinusitis was found but I never had any trouble with sinuses??). MRI of the spine-NEGATIVE. EMG-NEGATIVE. Echocardiogram-NEGATIVE. EKG-NEGATIVE. CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis- NEGATIVE(A cyst was found on my ovary.) Food allergy test-NEGATIVE. They checked for MS, Meningitis, Thyroid, Lupus, Lyme and quite a few other disease and all NEGATIVE. All blood and urine tests normal. My current symptoms are: ringing in both ears, joint and muscle pain(mainly right side of body), muscle spasms, burning sensation on lower back and headaches. I did find a tiny tick on myself last August. One of my twins was diagnosed with Lyme last summer. She had the bulls-eye rash. I didn't. Could this be Lyme even though the western blot for Lyme was negative or could it be something else?. There is clearly something wrong. Please help! Any advise will be helpful.

17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you are right about what the mind can do, i am glad you feel better, as for myself I continue to have problems and some that are new for me, I am trying to be possitive and feel happy just hearing that I do not have ms. I am working on loosing some weight and not looking up any more diseases but I will still visit the forum so mabye I can help some one who has felt like I did since so many people have be friended me, it rteally does help to have friends here! Take care Jenny and keep in touch.
Helpful - 0
Hey Jeannie, as a matter of fact, I feel great, the best I've felt for 6 years.  I am doing the same as you, no more "research".  It's amazing the power of "the mind".  Take care, hope your feeling better too!!!!
Helpful - 0
Jasmina,
  I am no expert on your symptoms but I recently studied Lyme disease a bit. From my study I learned a few relative things as follows. One of the common deer ticks that are known to carry Lyme are the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Not everybody gets the trademark bullseye. Symptoms vary and can become quite bizarre. Yes, apparently they can test the tick for Lyme and as such you were wise to save it. Testing for Lyme sometimes renders false negatives as well as false positives, so testing a couple times may be required as early tests and late tests are sometimes suspect. The fact you found the tick is quite amazing. The location and size of the tick could indicate it was there for awhile before you found it. One sign of Lyme is a quick response to antibiotics. Perhaps, if your doctor agrees, a trial of the normally prescribed antibiotic might be worthwhile especially if the tick itself is found to carry the Lyme disease. Hard to say (as many have) whether Lyme is at fault for your troubles but it must be ruled out without any question and it would be prudent to do so particularly with options running out and ongoing symptoms.
Helpful - 0
WOO HOO you got good news, glad you do not have ms, are your symptoms lessoning?
Helpful - 0
I have posted before on this forum, I have suffered from left side facial tingling for 6 years, and also migraines, my doc finally decided to send me for a brain MRI, I got the results on Thursday, everything was normal, no signs of MS or tumors, the radiologist stated on the findings:  EXTENSIVE thickening of sinuses, have been taking 2000mg daily of antibiotics since Thursday, I have not had the pressure and tingling since Friday, hopefully this is what the problem is.  I'm just glad that there is nothing more serious going on.  I was also tested for Lyme, being that I have had these problems for so long.  It came back negative also.  Hope that everyone gets an answer for there problem, but for me, I can start to feel better with myself knowing there is nothing seriously wrong with me.  I have felt like a different person the last few days.  Anxiety had the worse of me.  Take care, and have a great weekend!!!
Helpful - 0
Honestly, I have nothing against frequent posters (being one myself), even if their analysis is often the same. I just thought the whole dialogue was so funny. I disagree with Carol in PA that who_is_this is being a bully. I think we just have to find humor in the world around us. I don't think it was intended to be at anyone's expense. We are all victims of our own limited knowledge. The difficulty we face is that all the easy stuff has aready been ruled out by the time we're desparate enough to post strangers for answers. We'll all take any answer, and at least consider it by the time we get here.

My only experience in the medical field is though my own research and experience. Just the sheer number of Dr.'s I've seen would boggle the mind of a healthy person. In addition to that, I became interested in medicine and science before I realized I had a serious medical problem. .

I became interested in science when I was very young, and began studying medical encyclopedias (for pleasure reading) at age 14. I took basic science classes in high school, and college, as well as one physiology class (just for fun). I did not realize at the time how useful all this interest would become to me. I don't have any special degrees, but I have done a lot of additional research as a result of my own health problems. I also do research for many of the questions I answer if it is something new to me. I spent many years with no health insurance, and increasing medical problems. Even once I got good health coverage, it took me 5 years to get a tentative diagnosis. I know how scary it can be to know that there is something wrong, and not be able to go to the Dr., or do anything about it. I also know how frustrating it is when Dr.'s don't have all the answers. I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, which is a sort of mix of Lupus, and Scleroderma. Since it is not common, and very hard to diagnose, I have had much reason to spend hours on the internet, and reading books on related subjects. Through this site, I have found a way to let my difficulties bless the lives of others. I am just a stay at home mom, who has an interest in medicine, and enjoys helping those in need in my spare time.

I have had so many people on this forum compliment me on my knowledge, and thank me for the answers I give them. Quite a few have asked me about myself, and how I know all this stuff. I used to think of myself as a book of useless knowledge, because I seem to be able to remember the wierdest things. Now that I've found this forum, I guess the knowledge is not so useless anymore.
Helpful - 0
Hi Everyone! Thank you SO much for taking the time out for your replies. To NICOLAM, when I threw up it was due to motion sickness. Everytime I got out of bed I felt nauseous. The day I thew up was from driving in the car to go see my Neuro. I threw up the whole way there and back. No yellowish blackish stuff just what I ate that morning. To IZAMOM2, I do not take birth control. I am on no medication. I do not even take aspirins.
To CAROL, thank you for all the info. I live in NY. I visit PA a lot over the summer. I have a summer home in Hazleton. What Lyme doc did you see? Also do you think it's possible to have been bitten in August and have those symptoms in February? I found the tick in my belly button? So tiny I'm not sure how I even noticed it. It is the size of a pinhead. I still have it. I put it in a zip lock bag. Can they test the tick? Thank you again. To DEMIGUISE, Yes I have ALL copies of every test I took. I made sure of that. No 1 GP did not order all the tests. My Neuro ordered the EMG and cervical spine MRI revealing nothing! I did see an EMT also and he had no explanation for me. He even sent me for a food/allergy test but that too was negative. I know the difference between blurred vision and blind. I did have blurred vision. It came with the headache. A few days later I went TOTALLY BLIND for 5-10 seconds. I woke up one morning and went to the fridge to get a drink. I was looking right in the fridge and suddenly everything went totally white. My eyes were wide open but I could not see anything. It lasted only 5-10 seconds and came back. VERY STRANGE! I know there is definitely something wrong. I know my body. All my joints crack all the time. They ache so much. The ringing in my ears won't go away and the muscle spasms are so annoying. I pray that I will get an answer. Thank you all again! :)
Helpful - 0
127512 tn?1193742216
Thats right it's boninclyde. Gees if you see any of my post read my numerous problems. Hee! Hee! Hee! Hay, my problem, who's side are you on anyway? Your worst than me. All kidding aside. Do you have any experience in the med field. Not being a smarty just curious. Your posted all over the place. Ha! Ha! Like I posted before we can send a man to the moon and now we are going to crash something into it to see if there is water there so we can uh transport all that water back to earth but we can't get explanations to some of our most simplists medical problems.EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY
Helpful - 0
jasmina:
You said, "Could this be Lyme even though the western blot for Lyme was negative..."

The lab testing for Lyme is not very accurate, and because of this, Lyme should be diagnosed on the patient's symptoms and history.
This is known as a "clinical diagnosis."

Many doctors are not comfortable making a clinical diagnosis for Lyme.  If the lab test is negative, they tell the patient that they don't have Lyme, even if all the symptoms are there.

Lyme has a staggering array of symptoms.  It infects the nerves, and symptoms vary depending on which nerves are affected.

This is a list of symptoms:
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

This is a good article about Lyme for your doctor:
http://www.ilads.org/burrascano_0905.html

If you need to find a doctor who is very experienced at diagnosing and treating Lyme, inquire at this support group:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php

You are right, there is definitely something wrong.
As a Lyme patient, I recognise your symptoms as fitting the pattern of Lyme.
I hope you will follow up with the support group.

Wishing you the best,
Carol
Helpful - 0
Hee hee hee! My thoughts exactly!
Helpful - 0
I have had some symptoms that you are having and mine was related to birth control that I was on.  Other than that, I dont have any suggestions for you, hope this helps.  Best of luck.
Helpful - 0
who_is_this:

You are acting like a bully.

Carol
Helpful - 0
Now, we only have to hear from Carol, then Floxie99the antibiotic guy, and we're set!

Then she'll have the whole spectrum of possibilities.  I haven't seen the MS people lately, so maybe they'll chime in later.  
Helpful - 0
LOL!  I just wanted her to be aware that everyone has their favorite explaination, and that sometimes there is none.

Best wishes to you in your efforts.
Helpful - 0
LOL!  As you can probably tell by my handle here, I'm the anti-artificial-sweetner person you've just been warned(?) about.  Aspartame caused me to endure many symptoms for many years.. and went undiagnosed.  Like you, all my numerous tests can back negative.  Four doctors and many years later, I finally figured it out myself.

The reason I post here is to the possibility that others may react to artificial sweetners as I did... and hopefully save someone else the years that I spent trying to find 'the answer'.
Helpful - 0
Predictably, you will hear that this is probably Lyme disease.  Another person will ask if you have been exposed to certain antibiotics.  Yet another will propose artificial sweeteners as the culprit.  They are all equally adamnant in their conviction.  

Whenever someone has yet unexplained "symptoms" many people jump up to lobby for their favorite cause.  Unfortunately, your symptoms are nonspecific, and match virtually any and every disease you can think of.  It's human nature to want to a concrete answer.  Sometimes, there is no concrete answer.  Get your testing with reputable, recognized mainstream doctors associated with larger academic medical centers.  Hopefully you will find something that explains what you are going through, or the symptoms will dissipate with time.  

Helpful - 0
hey that sounds a lot like what I got goin on.  I did all those tests and negative.  My ct scan showed a cyst on my ovary and a spot on my liver that they didnt seem too worried bout.  Well now I did a Hidu scan and my gallbladders not workin so I need it out and Im only 21.  You could have that too maybe.  It explains the nausea and side pain and even shakes and such but not the other pain.  I got other pain too so I wonder if som ethigns causein my gallbladder not to fail and causin other symptoms.  Ill letcha know if I find anything out.  But I say check your gallbladder with a hida scan.  I had a ct of the abdomin and an ultrasound that didnt find it but hida did.  Have you ever puked greenish yellow blackish stuff? cause thats the bile.  Goodluck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.