Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

swollen gland in neck, dizziness, cyst on gum, anxiety

This is my first time on this site, I'm so happy to find I'm not alone.  2 1/2 years ago my symptoms began. Swollen gland on right side of neck, amox prescr. Terrible bout of "labyrinthitis, 2 weeks of spinning, anxiety began, 1 week fine, sudden dizzy "spells" with numbness and tingling in right leg.  Fine 4 mo's, cold/cough, threw out neck from coughing, Prednisone, fine 2 mo's, Nasty flu, Temp 103, aches, pains, cough for 15 days, took Advil 12-16/day and Ex Tyle 9/day 15 days, self med with kids amox for 10, Pneumonia, new antibiotic (cant rem)recov. after 2 wks, anxiety attacks again, E.R. gives Ativan, says liver enzymes high. (hello - advil/tyle).  Left neck gland swollen ever since, dizziness, not spinning, abdominal pain occas., right lower back pain, hip pain, pains in several joints that go away after a week or so,(except back pain) white blood cells 14. Had mri's, ct ab&pelvic, ultra of heart, treadmill neg. for lymes, mono, all tests normal. Neuro. says anxiety. GP says I'm fine, what do you think, am I crazy?  I'm amazed at how many people are experiencing similar symptoms. I am a 37 yr wife & mother, I was perfectly fine before first incident of Labyrinthitis.  HELP!?!?!?!?!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there, iv beeb having the same symptons for the past month or so, went to my dr and then a consultant. they both said nothing major was wrong and that i needed to stop worring and try and get my anxiety/stress levels etc down.went to a health farm and relaxes for aweek and havent been dizzy since,  what im trying to say is try and not worry, see if that helps and relax more.sounds mad but it has worked for me at the moment and im praying that it carries on! you might be really run down and need time out from the worries of every day life. hope you feel better soon and try not to worry.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your encouragement.  I forgot to mention that I also had seen a therapist for about 4 months and she too said all of these things can be caused by anxiety. Now that this is my new favorite sight,(lol) maybe she was right.  There must me a lot of people on this site, who like me, spend a lot of time reading medical and symptom and self help books.  I believe that to a point, but day after day...  Also, (I knew I would forget some of the symptoms) upon exercising I occasionally will get "crawly" feelings in my legs.  And the cyst on my gum (under tongue) really freaks me out!! Also, many days I feel completely drained, like I'm 137, not 37.  Any comments are very much appreciated!
Helpful - 0
And..........I have acid reflux - have been on Protonix for almost 2 years, and several skin tags in the armpit area.  There, I think that's it.  What could be causing all of weirdness?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.