Aa
A
A
Close

Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

1 - 20 (of 9510) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was diagnosed with Grave's hyperthyroid two month's ago. The Endocrinologist has put me on 40mg Methimazole, which is crashing my WBC's and elevating liver enzymes. Apparently I have to be on this medication for quite some time. My lab...
NotApplePie | Last answer
When your Thyroid does not work anymore can it cause exssecive weight gain with no stopping it? I tried quit eating, exercise, EVERYTHING
MEME1965 | Last answer
Dr.Lupo; I am having a hard getting a definitive diagnosis . My initial visit with an Endroconologist diagnoses me with Hypothyroidism secondary to an anterior pituitary adenoma. She told me to find another Endroconologistbecause her sp...
Sunshine303 | Last answer
I just had my thyroid tested and my doctor thinks I'm in the normal range but I'm not convinced. TSH 3.159 Range 0.358-3.74 uIU/ML Free T3 3.7 Range 2.3-4.2 pg/ml Free T4 0.99 Range 0.76-1.46 ng/dl Am I Hypo?
frisleah | Last answer
Hi, I am a 30 yr old female. I was newly diagnosed w/Hashimoto's. My TSH was 5.59, then 3.87, then5.0. They weren't going to do anything for me b/c my numbers were "normal", but I insisted that I didn't feel right--tired, irregular pe...
upenn | Last answer
Hi, I had surgery to have the left thyroid lobe removed along with a 5.2 cm nodule a week ago, there was no malignancy. I had a lot of pressure in the area as well as trouble swallowing. The swallowing has improved greatly but I still...
soley22 | Last answer
Hello, I am having some trouble with my thyroid (pain in neck, difficulty swallowing, sudden bouts of exhaustion & weakness, hair loss, etc). I had blood work done and a CT & US. My TSH on 11/7 was 2.5 but I had it retested on 11/16 ...
kls1648 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with papillary cancer on June 4th when undergoing a total thyroidectomy....have been waiting for my RAI ablation treatment since then but Thyrogen is on backorder...my question is whether or not there is any risk to my he...
sunkist1220 | Last answer
i was born without a THYROID GLAND, WAS ANY ONE ELSE BORN without one? just curious?
PATTI4C | Last answer
Does this only occur only if you are actively hyperthyroid and not thyroid stable or can if occur with Grave's anytime even if your labs are stable? Oh my gosh I am getting way bolder than I have ever been :(
yankeeRN | Last answer
Hello. My husband is 39 years old and was diagnosed almost one year ago w/ thyroid cancer. He had a complete thyroidectomy and then did one treatment of radiated iodine 5 months ago. He went back for a check up the first of Feb and th...
hpllb | Last answer
I have had been feeling fatigued for approximately 2 years. I have gained weight and have not been able to lose it. I have always been able to lose it in the past. I crave more sweets than I ever have. I had 3 episodes of getting ulp...
Cindy40 | Last answer
My 20 yr old son's calcium level is 10.4 (normal should be: 8.6 - 10.2) and PTH is 6 L (normal should be 10 - 65). He also is 21 L for vitamin D (normal should be 30 - 100). The endocrinologist said for him to take vitamin D3 1000IU's ...
lilymom3244 | Last answer
I am 8 days out of surgery to remove a large non-cancerous nodule from my thyroid. I am healing as one would expect for the time passed; however, I have had a bad taste in my mouth since surgery. I am also having a hard time tasting fo...
deejay896 | Last answer
I had my thyroid removed and my doctor will not be starting me on medication for another 4-6 weeks. Will this have an affect on my menstrual cycle mostly the duration?
beachgal06 | Last answer
I am not sure what all this means. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism approximately 30 years ago. I know he said it was very large. Recently I have been having a hard time swallowing so at my annual physical at the VA I told the doctor...
regift | Last answer
My doctors discovered thyroid nodules on left and right side. Right side FNA indicated no cancer. Nodule on left could not be determined after 2 FNA's so I had to have surgery. The doctor said if it wasn't cancer he would just remove the...
bettyboopster | Last answer
I'm always tired ever since my t.t. for papilary carcinoma 3 yrs. ago. My Endo also told me that I had Hashimotos and for some reason I just have very few days that I am actually feeling well. Taking 150 mcg of Synthroid for cancer suppr...
bet643 | Last answer
I am thirty four years old and had my thryoid removed in October of 2004. For the past couple of months, I have had incredible depression and suicidal thoughts. Also lots of anxiety...currently in therapy for other reasons and also on m...
joedysgirl | Last answer
I have hyperthyroidism and my doctod told me this is the same as grave's. I have nearly all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I don't have bulging eyes, a goiter or weird skin on my shins. Does this mean I don't have Grave's? Or are these...
Nomes | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now