Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thyroid Nodules found 6 weeks ago 10mm by 4mm is the biggest one two small ones

New at this and worried sick. I have no one to talk to about my problem. I have had a CT scan and ultra sound 6 weeks ago. 1 week after the nodules were found I started feeling something in my throat. Like something is stuck, small. My nose has been stuffed for 11 months. Not real bad but no sense of smeall most of the time. Is it normal to feel something stuck or not? I told my Doctor in fact a made a special visit to explain my worries about the sensation of something in my throat, He said that I should not worry that it would have showed up in my scans. It has been 5 weeks since my last visit and no real change. No problem swallowing at all. The dostor recommends an ultra sound every 6 months, is that about right

Thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have no one to talk to either. My Mom had to have radiation on hers.And I can imagine how scared you are.So am I.
My Granddaughter had to have her Thyroid removed at age 19.
But hers just wasn't working.

Read what I posted and let me know if you wanted to stay in contact by email?

It always helps to talk to someone.

Good Luck and stay on top of this problem.

As you can see by my nickname;I love dancing but it's getting to be a strain on me.
Helpful - 0
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
That is probably fine, but at 10mm sometimes we do a fine needle aspiration of the nodule depending on what it looks like on ultrasound. It's unlikely that the small nodules are causing any symptoms however.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.