Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I have no idea?

Well I was suffering from panic attacks,extreme anxiety,and a severe headace...I actually thought something in my head was going to explode..I got 2 CT scans because I was certain I was going to die....well after 4 doctors someone finally took blood..and they said that my thyroid is high...they prescribed me levothyroxine...but it said it was for a low thyroid...so I'm very confused right now...I also get deja vu alot...It's been more since the meds....My panic attacks are subsiding....but my symptoms is exactly that of hyperthyroidism...my question is is levothyroxine used for hyperthyroidism also?And I just had a baby 7 months ago...could my thyroid be cause from this?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
'High thyroid' must have meant the TSH is high -- meaning the thyroid function is low.  This is not uncommon post-partum.  Check thyroid antibodies (ie, may be hashimotos) and the levothyroxine should be adjusted to keep TSH around 1.0
Helpful - 0
Hi -

What they probably meant is that your TSH level is high (that's a measure of how loudly your body is screaming for more T4.  A high TSH equals low thyroid activity (or vice versa - a low TSH equals high thyroid activity).  Your symptoms are pretty common in hypothyroid patients.  I had all the same symptoms as you (and I am hypothyroid).  Don't worry, you will get better on the meds.  
Helpful - 0
Hi -

What they probably meant is that your TSH level is high (that's a measure of how loudly your body is screaming for more T4.  A high TSH equals low thyroid activity (or vice versa - a low TSH equals high thyroid activity).  Your symptoms are pretty common in hypothyroid patients.  I had all the same symptoms as you (and I am hypothyroid).  Don't worry, you will get better on the meds.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.