Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hyperthyroid symptoms

Hi,
I am  experiencing heart palpilations, some hands tremor, fatigue and I could feel my heart beating when i'm resting.I read about hyperthyroid symptoms so i decided to go to doctor and asked him to check me for hyperthyroid. He took my blood and in 10 min told me that I'm fine.
Also i sweat alot when asleep, and last week i was sweating so much..
It's seems for me symptoms of hyperthyroid. What i am missing?
Another question when hyperthyroid do you experienced like a heat coming from inside your body and that makes you a bit weak?
Thanks for your answers
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Is there a natural remedy for rapid heartbeat?? was started.
Helpful - 0
I am 64 female seem to have hyperthyroid symptoms. TSH was 3.8 and free T4 was 1.30. I sweat alot and am warm all the time. Have palpitations too. Can't seem to gain back weight lost before cardiac problems. Doctor doesn't think from lab work that there's any problem but I just don't feel good. Had cardiac ablation 7 weeks ago which cured my heart problem with bigeminy and was fine until a few days ago. TSH always has been on low side of normal. Always low weight despite good appetite until recently.  Seeing GP tomorrow but have Kaiser and they refer out if not their expertise. Have appointment with endocrinologist in two weeks but would appreciate any comments now from anyone. Thanks.
Helpful - 0
definitely go back and ask for a full thyroid panel! (tsh, t3, t4)

i had those same symptoms for TEN YEARS (the palpitations, heat intolerance, tremors, and fatigue) and saw several doctors about it over the years, and they always contributed the symptoms to other factors (ie: i am a smoker, high hormone levels/heavy menses (may not be applicable to you, lol, dunno if you're m/f)) and in jan. of this year, i was admitted to the er in a full blown thyroid storm that nearly killed me!  (it would have if i hadn't gone into the er)

i was diagnosed with grave's and treated medicinally until my liver got inflamed from the high dose of anti-thyroid meds, at which point i had an emergency thyroidectomy.

don't freak out too much, hyperthyroidism is a fairly common problem that can be handled pretty easily with treatment - i am officially a medical anomaly.  22 years old with a case of grave's that wouldn't normally happen to someone until they were in their late 40s.  my experience is not normal.

but definitely, definitely get it checked.  if your regular doc won't do the tests, get a referral to an endocrinologist.  it's not worth overlooking!
Helpful - 0
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
A thyroid test in 10 minutes?  This was not likely a true, sensitive thyroid panel - it could have been a TSH screen which is not as sensitive, particularly for hyper.  Would ask to go to a lab (like quest, labcorp or a hospital lab) for a TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 to be certain.

Yes, hyper patients can feel increased body heat like you describe.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.