Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Could this be a thyroid problem

I suspect I have a hyperactive thyroid. Everyone in my family has thyroid problems, some hyper some hypo. I feel like I am going completely insane. I get sooo angry and upset about absolutely nothing. i feel like I am losing my patience with my kids. Not that I hurt them or ever would for that matter. I just get very easily annoyed. I can't concentrate on anything at all. I feel like I am walking around in a fog. I eat constantly but still after 3 kids only weigh 100 pounds. I still get severe breakouts on my face, I sweat like a pig for no reason at all. I feel completely hopeless and like I am gonna end up in the looney bin. My husband seems to just hate me lately because he doesn't know how to deal with my mood swings. But hes not giving me any understanding at all. I feel completely exhausted all the time yet I wake up at like 4:00 in the morning and can't go back to sleep. The thought of leaving my house and going to work makes me so angry. I just can't deal. Am I crazy or could all of this be from a hyperactive thyroid? Today I feel so horrible I want to go to the hospital. I almost feel like I can't breathe. I also get heart palpatations quite often out of nowhere and horrible upset stomachs with bouts of diarrhea that will last a week or 2 at a time. Please help me!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Every single thing you mentioned, my husband had those same symptoms. But.......you can get a false reading for quite a while on your thyroid tests. He did. His thyroid problem turned into Graves Disease. Don't stop and be relentless in your search for answers. Go to an endocrinologist and have extensive testing. Get this taken care of for it will make you crazy and destroy your life and health.

After having this disease for almost two years, they are taking out his thyroid next week. This disease affected his eyes so bad and he has double vision and swollen eyes. Don't let yours go this far. He had this disease for well over a year before it was properly diagnosed. He was diagnosed two years ago with A-Fib and irregular heartbeat. Doctors now say it was his thyroid all along. He has been on Coumadin ever since. Docs say once thyroid gone and things back to normal he should get off Coumadin.

Over active Thyroid was his problem all along. The thyroid is a strange little gland that can whack out your entire body severly. Very complexed illness!
Good luck!

Helpful - 0
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You should have your thyroid tested -- simple blood work for TSH, free T4 and free T3 to start -- if these are normal, then talk to your doctor about what else may cause these symptoms.

If you have trouble breathing, you should go to the emergency room or call 911.
Helpful - 0
If you're not feeling well, by all means call your doctor and make an appointment.  You know best when you're not feeling yourself.  My initial problem was low thyroid and a friend suggested to me that I go see the doctor.  I am so glad I did.  Best wishes!  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.