Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i have an underactive thyroid and am constantly over heating.

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in october last year and i take 250mg of thyroxin daily, i am suffering alot with my body over heating , my arms go blood red and look like they have been severely sun burnt and the same happens to my chest and face, no matter what i do i cannot cool down even a cold shower wouldnt help me, i end up with sweat pouring down my face and it gets so uncomfortable and hurts, can u please tell me if this is linked to the under active thyroid please,
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Overheating was started.
Helpful - 0
I have hashimoto's and have the overheating thing!! After several bizarre diagnosis from tennis elbow to overeating (700calories per day) I found a great osteopath!!! yes, overheating or beingcold can both be symptom of underactive thyroid. If you haven't done so read mary Shomon's book. she has been right on with everything!! The med that saved my sanity was armour! I don't care what people say it's natural and it works. Synthroid didn't help! I can now walk up the stairs without breaking into a sweat!
Helpful - 0
I too take Armou thyroid... this was way easier for my body too tolerate. I started on Synthroid, and it just did not suit me.. Sort of made me worse.. however I also still get the over heating.. i will be posting my list of questions tomorrow to ask here. i am thinking I need a new Endo.. My T4 seems low too me, but he says OK.. Anyway I also have hashimoto..

Missy
Helpful - 0
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
you may be on too much thyroid hormone -- would make sure TSH is not over-suppressed (ie not <0.3) as this can cause over-heating.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.