Aa
A
A
Close

Tourette Syndrome Community

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

21 - 40 (of 322) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi all, I just joined today after googling and finding this site. I haven't fully explored it, so if this post should go in a different folder, I apologize. I also apologize for this being so long. My son is 10 years old. When he w...
hickory5 | Last answer
So I've had tics since elementary school. A facial tic where I would pull my cheek in and a vocal tic where I cleared my throat really loud. I started having more that were worse about two years ago. I'm seventeen now and I have many tic...
lexmarie17 | Last answer
209987_tn?1451939065
Half the people in my family have Tourrette's or some other problem...so it was no big suprise when my 5 year old was diagnosed last month. The problem I'm having is with his newest tic. He tends to pull his privates out of his pants. ...
tschock | Posted
The doctor said that he may have developed a "Tick" and sometimes they can get bad and sometimes they can be minimal and be controlled with medication. He said that it could have been brought on by stress, being upset, worried, or somet...
xmelax35 | Last answer
Hi everyone, I'm 22 years old and I've been experiencing tics for most of my life. I can't remember exactly when they started but I did suffer a great amount of head trauma as a chid. On one occasion, which is when I believe the tics fi...
anatomyofalion | Posted
hi.. i'm 21f.. i feel like there is something stuck in my throat for the past two weeks and cough.. i consulted the doctor soon after and he said there is nothing to worry.. he prescribed a antibiotic, painkiller and gargling for five da...
shiyadha | Posted
I don't know if I have Tourette syndrome or multiple sclerosis. well my symptoms are: -twitching -muscle spasms -muscle pain -urge to cry or laugh (common in ms patients) -tics (if it's not the same as twitching) -numbness in the h...
acdcfan19 | Last answer
Hi all, my son is 5 and his school have picked up on him displaying some tick like behaviour...it started with shoulder jerks this went on for a few wks and my son didn't appear to acknowledge these movements, they seemed to only occure ...
summer82s | Last answer
I don't know if I have Tourette syndrome or multiple sclerosis. well my symptoms are: -twitching -muscle spasms -muscle pain -urge to cry or laugh (common in ms patients) -tics (if it's not the same as twitching) -numbness in the h...
acdcfan19 | Posted
Are there any dentists in Australia that do this ?
GnomieMV | Posted
Two weeks ago I took my 6 year old daughter to the eye doc. She wears glasses, we went for her year exam. They dilated her eyes and right away she bagan to move her eyes to the right and up. I thought that was strange because she never h...
ditdor | Last answer
7196082_tn?1389126856
So how many of you are pregnant with tourettes? I am.. and I'm so afraid its going to be passed to my baby:( is there a chance it won't????
mamahaven | Posted
Every so often I have this sudden urge to scream out profanity or call people names. Even when I'm alone I have a wave of it. I can hold it back, but I feel if I open my mouth some of the urges might actually come out like Tourettes. Iā€™v...
ltdhuls | Posted
Hi, I was just wondering if the mouth piece that helped your tics also helped any anxiety that may have accompanied the tics? Thanks so much
help156 | Posted
4670047_tn?1375734001
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what type of medication they are currently taking for Tourettes? I know its a broad question as not all have the same symptoms. But I'm asking for my son who is 38 yrs old. Any input would be appr...
mzkity | Posted
ok here is the thing im 23 and I have had tics/twitches since I was about 17 I squeak claps my hands and shake my head among other things. I have tried telling my parents that I have something wrong but they simply ignore it. My bf who ...
peacey08 | Posted
My daughter (12 years old) has been diagnosed with TS since 5 years of age. Her tics usually last about 3 to 4 months before changing to a different tic. Some we have seen come back and some she has only had once. Example, eye blinkin...
DinaGrimes | Last answer
Does anyone know the name of an orthodontist in British Columbia or Western Canada who can construct a neurocranial vertical distractor such as the one made by Drs. Stack and Sims? Thanks so much!
anna47270 | Posted
I have a seven year old daughter with PDD-NOS (autism spectrum). When she was diagnosised the only thing missing was lack of speech. She has always talked ALOT! Hence the PDD-NOS diagnosis. So she is having a lot of problems in school...
booksnc | Last answer
Hi, i have had Tourettes Syndrome since i was six years old. I haven't really paid much attention too it because it was mild, and it would come and go. I have two half-sisters with TS also. I was just wondering, does TS get worse over ti...
shorty1105 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Tourette Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...