Aa
A
A
Close

Tourette Syndrome Community

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

41 - 60 (of 322) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have a five year old son with high functioning autism. I am concerned that he might have something more than that. First I want to start out by saying that he is a very smart child. Here are his symptoms: 1. Yelling out or screami...
booksnc | Posted
4378479_tn?1353688607
Hi all, This is my first time here. I don't so much have a question as - potentially - a solution for anyone with Tourettes. I watched a Tourettes documentary ("The Town That Caught Tourettes") on British TV last night and it affec...
pauley13 | Last answer
Is there a typical age when Tourette syndrome is diagnosed and is it hereditary? My 12-year-old daughter has some very obvious tics as well does my husband who has never been diagnosed.
dsbratchcain | Last answer
My son is 9yrs. old and was recentley diagnosed with ts. He also has adhd(diagnosed at age 6). He takes vyvanse 40m. for adhd, risperdone 1m. for mood disorder, and clonidine 0.2 for insomnia. He has motor ticks such as blinking his ey...
jillrobin | Last answer
5112724_tn?1363782423
I am a 15 year old girl, and I've always been pretty spontaneous. I have tourettes. I blurt out extremely random words such as 'Green Beans!' (which has been a 'favorite' lately) just because I feel the need to say them. I some times jer...
SJaen | Last answer
I want to see if anyone else feels like this... Whenever I shake my head and stuff (tics), it feels almost like I'm doing it. Instead of it being an involuntary movement it feels like I'm doing it but I'm still forced to do it. Is thi...
Jman9595 | Last answer
My boyfriend has had TS since he was a child, and I notice that just as he's falling asleep, he twitches really bad. He has not been on any medication for almost 8 years now. Could this be happening because he holds all his ticks in all ...
jobrien7053 | Last answer
My daughter was diagnosed with febrile seizures at one week old. She took phenobarbitol until about six months old when she out grew the dosage and no longer displayed symptoms. She is now almost ten years old and has not had a seizure s...
frellush | Posted
I have often wondered about the following situation:- There's a guy who has Tourettes. At the same time, this guy has multiple sclerosis but he does not disclose this to many people but I happen to know about this from one of his f...
squinun | Posted
I am a Special Education student in Wisconsin take a Medical Aspects of Disability course. As one of the course requirements, I need to interview either a family member of someone with Tourette's or an individual with the disorder regard...
wischD | Last answer
How often does your child go see the neurologist for their tourettes and what happens at the appointments? My son's neurologist wants him to come back in 4 months. If we go what is the doctor going to do? For the first appointment all...
Brwneyegrl | Last answer
My 17 year old son has begun to develop what I believe is TS. He had nothing when younger, but in middle school started to develop very slight, mostly unnoticeable,small movements. These would come and go, sometimes for months at a ti...
tmorriss | Posted
Hi Everyone, In the past couple of years, I have been Diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome. I have had Facial Tics most of my Life, or at least as far back as I can remember. I have noticed a couple of things that make me wonder if the...
TEBryant | Last answer
I'm 26 years old I've had Tourette's syndrome and OCD since the age of 7 with varying degrees of severity, Different tics have come and gone, but in the past few years I've been experiencing some very painful tics that have been causing ...
Andrew82186 | Last answer
i have burning inside my mouth and cancor sores underneath my tongue. even chewing gum burns my mouth and i can't use toothpaste. i use peroxide to brush my teeth because i have sores that come and go on the right side of my mouth to t...
vickyr1960 | Last answer
Hello, I am a 37 year old woman and I have had Tourette's since I was about 7. I would say that I have a mild case. I have a lot of facial ticking and arms, mostly upper body, but also lower once in a while. My ticking involves a lot of...
Ariggs | Last answer
My son is 7 years old. About a year ago he started doing this weird throat clearing/grunting sound, all the time! We took him to the doctor thinking, at the time that he had post nasal drip or something causing him to need to clear his...
Mom_to_2_boys_1_girl | Last answer
Hi all, im 28 this year and since i can remember i got a "bad habit" of blinking my eyes and a "tic" something like pushing my upper lips towards my nose, the blinking stops when im 10 but it comes and goes. and recently i got another 1 ...
dirttech | Posted
I hav been suffering with tourettes since I was a teenage. Back then it was the usual face twiches and making vocal noises. The noices subsided during my adolences. However I'm 43 uears old and my tourettes is severe. I can't keep my...
jlee6988 | Posted
has anyone ever tried the natural remedy tic tamer? i'v heard mixed reviews.
tictac1992 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Tourette Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...