Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Transplants Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

1 - 20 (of 665) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am Blind in one eye, and was wondering if there was a surgery, like a (smart eye) complete with hard drive that would help my vision. I severed my optic nerve and it is now known as a ghost nerve. It allows a small fraction of light in...
  Posted
Does anyone know how to get on this waiting list?
  Posted
Dear Sir/Ma My names are Rahmon Adewale Mutiu i have been diagnosis of glaucoma, and have undergo some surgery in the last 7 years twice unfortunately yet to see a clear vision please what can be done for me to regai...
  Posted
at the age of 5 i was lost my right eyesight with the firecracker accident. the doctor remove my cornea know i have a white cornea,my size of the eye is same as compare to other eye , i am wearing a artificial eye right know.Is there any...
  Posted
at the age of 5 i was lost my right eyesight with the firecracker accident. the doctor remove my cornea know i have a white cornea,my size of the eye is same as compare to other eye , i am wearing a artificial eye right know.Is there any...
  Posted
17194311 tn?1454467982
I'm 6 months post liver transplant and am doing great for the most part. Life has really changed for the better due to this precious gift of life. I am however experiencing sharp pains at different points along the scar line from my su...
  Posted
What is the life expectancy of a female that had two liver transplants before the age of 5 and was also born without a spleen? She just celebrated her 20th year since her last liver transplant and is currently 25 years old. I was told ...
  Posted
Hello a have a surgery on my finger and doctors took piece of my skin from arm (shoulder area) and transplanted it to the finger (palm side). now, on this transplanted piece of skin i have a hairs. its looking funny to have a hairs on ...
  Posted
Hello, My name is Darina. I have a son- Adrian. My child suffered in an elevator accident on 10.30.2015, in which he loss index and middle fingers of his right hand . Do We have a chance for transplant donor fingers, bone or oth...
  Posted
Type your medical question hereMy husband is a liver transplant recipient from 2003. He has stopped taking his medications. I found out he has not taken his anti-rejections medicines for at least a month. How long before this liver rejects?
  Posted
sir, my son is 15 years old. when he was 9 years old he lost his left eye in an accidental shooting by air gun pellet. the pellet injured his optical nerve and is still in the eye. AIIMS doctors stiched the eye but let the pellet remain ...
  Posted
I had cataract surgery in April, 2015. I also have glaucoma from my diabetes. Since my cataract surgery, my eyes are red and water a lot. I have tried Refresh Optive and Systane Ultra and my eyes are still watering and are red. I also ha...
  Posted
Prograf is a medicine that slows down the bodys immune system. For this reason, it works as an anti-rejection medicine. Prograf helps patients who have had a liver/kidney transplant protect their new organ and prevent it from being rejec...
  Posted
is there any eye transplant that can be done to people suffering from macula dystrophy, or an medication. does the severity of macula dystrophy increase untill it becomes total blindness, mine was diagonised when i was still at at tender...
  Posted
My Mom is in her 11th with a heart transplant. For the last four years she has hovered around high level 3/low level 4 kidney failure and suffers from constant, sometimes full-body, tremors. The transplant following team has her on a c...
  Posted
My brother-in law has had a liver transplant in April 3, 2015. It had been working well till Jaundice occurred. His medication list were (are): 8:00am Entecavir tablet 0.5mg, Cellcept 0.5g, Prednisone acetate tablet 10mg, Nexium 20mg...
  Posted
i need new uterus transplant and become baby as pregnant please let me know call me 919 999-2591 plus get effective communication asl interpter thank u I need to know please quickly and let me know please ...
  Posted
Is it possible to get Para thoridtransplant
  Posted
My sister is O+, 48 years old, 5'8 and now 270 lbs (water weight from kidney failure), usually runs about 220 lbs. Alcohol abuse has shut down her liver, which in turn has shut down her kidneys. She is on the list for a transplant in Mt....
  Posted
Dear Sir, I lost my left eye in an accident in the year 1965 as a rod pierced through. I got operated upon and an implant with artificial eye was placed. In 1982 the implant protruded and was taken out. I am using artificial eye. Can I ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...