Aa
A
A
Close

Transplants Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

41 - 60 (of 665) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
guys need your advice after liver transplant does hep b and hep d comes back and damage the new liver as i have read that hep c almost comes back?
  Posted
29837 tn?1414538248
Went to the transplant doctor yesterday and spoke to his nurse. I brought up the question of Medical Marijuana to help me sleep. As Hector said, it can cause a fungal infection of the lungs due to the suppressed immune system. What about...
  Posted
29837 tn?1414538248
Saw the nurse/assistant of my transplant doctor today before a substitute doctor came. I asked her if I can safely get a flu and pneumonia shot, and she said yes. I wonder... I say that because my mom got a flu shot and developed the flu...
  Posted
Hi my name is Luz and I had a accident went I was about 1 yr old.My sister saw a mouse and I was on the floor she took a vase and throw it and it broke. It hit me in the right eye. My mom took me to the hospital and the doctor did surge...
  Posted
Dear Sir, I have completed 3yrs after liver transplant. My creatinine level is ~1.7 for last 1.5year. Prograf dose is reduced to 0.5mg BD, and tac level is 6.3. Mycophenolet can not be used beacuse it causes leucopenia. Docotor is t...
  Posted
163305 tn?1333672171
Can anyone explain what happens to our blood daily when we take prograf ? I ask this because once when I did my labs not long after taking prograf ( not the norm) my ALT and AST soared. It got me wondering, and I'd like to know. Explana...
  Posted
Im taking prograf 1mg in am and pm, but i cant sleep. What is safe to take to help me sleep
  Posted
i had a liver transplant 3 years ago but if i bump my stomach it lights me up in pain is this normal.
  Posted
i had a liver transplant 3 years ago but if i bump my stomach it lights me up in pain is this normal or can it just happen.
  Posted
Hello- I am a 29 year old female who has cirrhosis of the liver due to heavy drinking and use of tylonel pm in my early 20s. I have since been to a rehabilitation facility and and happy to be sober for 6 months. My doctor has told me tha...
  Posted
while in shower, lower legs/feet feel like whey are sunburned, painful. no change in color or skin temp. pain last a few min. after out of shower
  Posted
is there any programs that help pay for prograph at this time and whats the qualifications
  Posted
I am blood group A positve and I am asking if i can be a live donor for my brother who is 0 blood group
  Posted
how long does it take to transplant an eye and how long does it take for the patient to get the vision(operation+healing period=?) and Can a born blind be transplanted with eyes
  Posted
My husband age 45 has stage 4 end liver disease. He was listed in January after his first stroke in October. He then had a second stroke in march. I believe the second one was from midodrin which he was put on due to adrenal gland defici...
  Posted
Can an eye transplant help someone with Age Macular Degeneration.
  Posted
I had a liver transplant on January 7, 2011. evry couple of months I seem to go thru an episode of having flu like symptoms. Diareahha and throwing up, and really bad stomach breath. is this caused from my rejection meds
  Posted
My mother has kidney cancer. She has a remaining kidney the size of a walnut. She will undergo a RFA ablation. When can I start proceedings to be her kidney donor?
  Posted
Is there anywhere I can get my hysterectomy reverse over again.
  Posted
good day to all! My husband has liver transplant last 2007, his present ultrasound say that he has gas and ascites in pancreas, does any one has the same result, what does it mean and what is the cure? he also have spleenomygally even b...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...