Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By Cerafin
Hello Doc's and thank you for taking my question regarding verorab booster shots. I had my last two booster shots ab...
By mamalawson
I'm a 42 old and I'm 5weeks pregnant....is it okay to fly in the First 12 weeks?
By I1981
Hello, I am 6 weeks pregnant and unfortunately i am not immune to the Toxoplasma virus, since i was found negative...
By yucks
way back 2-3 years ago I have been scratched by a kitten in feet,that time I dont have totally idea in rabies in a ca...
4518471_tn?1355802457
By moviestardude99
So for the state I am in I have to get the meningitis shot but I found out that I have the mcv4 shot? I would like to...
By Sissa69
What immunizations do you recommend that I have before I travel to Russia, and how far ahead of the trip should I get...
By singingfrizzle
My daughter went to Uganda in May 2013 & Haiti in July 2013. In October, she started having difficulty breathing & ch...
By RhemaEsoteric
What is the implication of this test. HBsAg positive HBsAb Negative HBeAg negative HBeAb positive HBcAb posi...
By DartmoorOwl
My daughter is planning to go to Tanzania in April. She has hypothyroidism and takes armourthyroid. Will the malaria...
By amitaggarwal1983
DearSir, A stray dog has bitten my wife today. She is breast feeding our 7 month old daughter. We consulted docto...
By henryleetama
I was bitten by a domestic cat in China-the wound on my hand was small, but some blood was drawn. After 7 days the c...
By Jwfouladi
After 6hr flight there is numbness of right tight that has lasted for 4 days. I need advice On this. thank you. No ...
By LanceInUtah
I have to first say I have major anxiety and so I realize I am overreacting but I need advice somewhat related to the...
By yucks
Our dog licked my pointer finger,i forgot to wash it but it is already dry..after several minutes maybe 20 mins.i acc...
By Krisee31
Is there any way to forego the DTap vaccine and get an individual diptheria, individual pertussis and individual teta...
By casey00 Blank
I am travelling at short-notice and need to have the Flu, Hepatitis B and Yellow Fever vaccinations before going to B...
By hqew2013
HQPCB I am going to France for a long vacation, but I have no idea where to go and what to do in France. Any suggestion?
By NatNielsen
I just found out I'm about 3 weeks pregnant and have a trip scheduled in 3 wks to see my dad and introduce him to my ...
By BirdOfSage Blank
I was bitten by a dog in Bangkok, Thailand, and have got my VeroRab shot on day 0, 3, 7 and 13 because day13 was the ...
974371_tn?1364538460
By Margot49 Blank
I'll try this forum. I am still dealing with undiagnosed health problems. Was having major GI issues, somewhat reso...
This Forum's Experts
Philip D Parks, MD, MPH, MOccH, F...Blank
Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...