Aa
A
A
Close

Trigeminal Neuralgia Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

81 - 100 (of 509) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been experiencing pain 24/7 in the upper right front triangle area of my head for several years. Dr. not sure whether is TN or TMD. It is constant; Starts at right ear and goes to my nose. Can also feel abnormal sensation on sca...
  Posted
1045086 tn?1332130022
I have MS and periodically experience facial numbness and pain. Fortunately, this pain hasn't gotten too severe or lasted too long in my case. The bouts I have fill me with empathy for those of you who suffer long and hard from TN. I ...
  Posted
I have ms-tn and am aware of the numbness to anticipate post surgery and I wondered how much muscle control will I have on the numb side of my face - ie will I be able to drink from a straw?
  Posted
Hi everyone- Here are the bullet points- * Pain started about five months ago. *Stabbing pain behind the eye followed by dull aches in temple and jaw. * Visited emergency room, got cat scan, was told by ER doc pain was from new r...
  Posted
388376 tn?1302015018
Hi about a year and a half ago i was celebrating the christmas season with my family. parents, brothers and kids ect. Although it was a lovely time it was also an very stressfull time. My brother kids are wild and scream constantly. Anyw...
  Posted
I took abilify and began to have muscle spasms in my jaw. It felt as if all my teeth were having an extremely bad toothache. All the muscles are constantly in spasm and it has leaded to unbearable "temple" headaches. This has been goi...
  Posted
5091742 tn?1363486740
I had MVD surgery on 12/27/2012 for TN, since then I have had extreme pain in my lower back and back of my right thigh, my neurosurgeon said it may be from the lumbar drain to the nerve, the neurologist said no its not. My question is wh...
  Posted
I am writing in behalf of my wife. My wife has wrestled with trigeminal neuralgia for 7 or 8 years. After years of trying everything with a neurologist she had first gamma knife surgery and then microvascular decompression surgery. Ab...
  Posted
1791085 tn?1315266785
My daughter was just 15 years old when she woke up one day with a sore jaw accompanied by a painful burning sensation about 8 months ago. One of her upper back teeth has given her a lot of problems over the years requiring 2 root canals,...
  Posted
3990971 tn?1348949905
I have Neurosarcoidosis and Systemic Sarc, and it has destroyed my nervous system. But for years my Neuro thought I was allergic to soap, I used every sensitive soap made, even all natural. I was on periactin 4mg 3 times a day for 4 y...
  Posted
I would appreciate some help interpreting my brain MRI report (it’s many months until my next neurologist appointment). Specifically: 1. How common is it to have a vein impinging on the root of the trigeminal nerve? Is the “indentati...
  Posted
Hello Everyone. After numerous trips to several Dentist's over the last two years. My last Dentist said there is absolutely nothing wrong with your teeth. I'm pretty sure you have Trigeminal Neuralgia. Make an appoint with a neurologist....
  Posted
Hi! I have had an on-going, on and off tingling sensation, same spot on the vermillion border of my upper lip for years. I had a baby 3 months ago and this tingling sensation is more frequent, will come and go for a couple of days, stop,...
  Posted
My husband is really struggling. 7 days ago he started having severe pain inside his head, right side, and then along side that, pain on the outside of his head reaching from the base of his head up to the top. He had a cat scan 5 days a...
  Posted
I have had symptons from trigeminal neuralgia for the past 5 years. Last April ina a 2 week period, every day the pain escalated. I lost 9 pounds. I am on carbomazapan, which stopped the lighteninglike pains from shooting down my face, b...
  Posted
I have been getting weird pains (for about 6 months) in my right temple that shoot down across the top of my cheek bone to the right side of my nose. It seems to be worse when I bend over a lot. The pain will be intense for a few secon...
  Posted
Hello there, I am 26 years old and I had a maxillofacial surgery almost exactly 3 years ago during which metal plates and screws were drilled into my jawbones and cheek areas. I checked online and my surgeon has retired since so I ha...
  Posted
hi, I have atypical trigeminal neuralgia. I am just wondering about the success rate of the rhizotomy procedure. Any experiences would be most helpful. Thanks, Ian (Australia)
  Posted
I was dianosed with Trigeminal neurologia 3 years ago and had the surgery mvb. A few days ago, my pain returned. Am I going to need the surgery again?
  Posted
hi, i'm 25 years old,female..I have intermittent pain (pain is sharp and sometimes pulsating, and my cheeks feels warm) on my right upper teeth and sometimes on my right lower teeth...also I am experiencing lock jaw on my right side some...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Trigeminal Neuralgia Community Resources