Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

It's not a UTI, what is it???HELP!

Hello. I am a 30 year of female.  I am married and do not have a history of any STD's....My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years....  I have had symptoms of a UTI(a culture was never done-basically over the phone dx) after inseminations but I got an antibiotic and it cleared up... Well, I was diagnoes with a vaginal bacterial infection and also have symptoms of a UTI. I took the meds for both but still have the UTI symptoms...the burning during urination, pressure, frequency, etc.... but it's not very painful.  What could this be???  uristat does not even touch the urgency to pee......  What do I do.???  We are starting our next IVF treatment in 2 weeks...so this problem needs to be solved...  Oh, I have a history of all kinds of allergies... from laundry soap, to food allergies... I can't even use scented Toilet paper.....
Please any insight would help...Thanks...Jacquie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
By the sounds of it it could be a bit of cystitis have you been tested for IC in other words interstitial cystitis which is cystitis that you cant get rid of with antibiotics and is helped with a specific IC diet. If it not that then I would go back to the doctor because you could be havng re occuring UTIs which quite often happen. I wish you all the best with everything.
Helpful - 0
155534 tn?1275412255
You might have Interstitual Cystitis. I have that. I always had symptoms of a UTI...I would take antibiotics and with in a week the symptoms would return....I finally got to a Uroligist and found out I have Cystisis. It's an inflammatory disorder of the bladder wall....it can cause UTI symptoms, bladder and abdominal cramping, fatigue ..all kinds of stuff. I'm on Elmiron and it helps quite a bit....You need to go to a dr. and get an actual culture done while symptoms are present. I t may just be that your immune systom has built a defense to the antibiotics you are on.....and if the culture comes back clean...then I would go see a Uroligist.
Helpful - 0
You may want to make sure there is not a urethral problem. I would push to see a urologist and ask that you be examined. Don't just let them tell you you have a infection and take antibotics. A good urologist would scope you to rule out cancer. good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.