706?1280258259
Vitamin B6 Toxicity User Group
About This Group:

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that can result in nerve damage when too much is taken in the form of supplements. B6 is found naturally in most grains such as flax and wheat. Many vitamin supplements and diet pills also contain more than the daily requirements of vitamin B6. B6 toxicity, also known as B6 overdose, is rare and most doctors are unfamiliar with it. It's becoming more common as manufacturers are adding B6 supplements to many vitamins and fortifying cereals. Symptoms commonly include a feeling of pins and needles, like nails being driven into you, generally in your hands and feet or anywhere else in your body where you've sustained nerve damage in the past. However, instead of pain, symptoms may include numbness. Either is refered to as neuropathy. Anytime you eat foods with certain forms of vitamin B in them (B1, B3, B6), your symptoms worsen for many hours. B6 toxicity is usually reversible by avoiding foods with vitamin B in them for 6 months to 3 years.

Founded by Meganamy on July 27, 2010
49 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
ninamagicOct 19, 2011
MeganamyMar 03, 2011
By Annette11 Blank
I've had B6 toxicity for almost a month now. I'd read, on this forum, that B6 absorption may be reduced by the estro...
Coldplay82Sep 17, 2011
By nutrinut_bob Blank
I wouldn't have thought there would be such a thing as B6 toxicity. In fact, I would think there would be more peopl...
By cincey Blank
Hi all, Cindy from Alaska. dx w/ MS 1/08-no insurance for ages-finally got it and my ferritin is in the 800 and b-6 i...
magster123May 28, 2011
MeganamyMar 11, 2011
By magster123 Blank
I developed severe pins and needles, pain and burning in my right arm and right leg and foot about 4 weeks after topp...
By magster123 Blank
I have had 10 weeks of intermittent right arm parathesia and burning in the right hand and right leg sciatica-type s...
By Meganamy Blank
This is new information on the web. Seems to answer some of our questions: "...you may begin to experience pain wi...
MeganamyOct 21, 2010
MeganamyOct 21, 2010
TzenniferOct 14, 2010
TzenniferOct 07, 2010
TzenniferOct 07, 2010
By Meganamy Blank
Please, post helpful links with short descriptions.
TzenniferSep 30, 2010
smorris0312Jul 30, 2010
MeganamyJul 27, 2010
MeganamyJul 27, 2010
By Meganamy Blank
Healing from B6 toxicity is very slow and frustrating. Please, list things that have lessened your pain.
MeganamySep 12, 2010
ranger853Aug 25, 2010
MeganamyAug 24, 2010
ranger853Aug 24, 2010
MeganamyAug 21, 2010
By Meganamy Blank
Taking B6 supplements makes the pain worse, of course. Eating foods that contain B6 and other B vitamins also cause t...
By Meganamy Blank
Jon mentioned Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease to me before. It's a neurological disease that's genetic, but it also deals...
By Heimen Blank
Hello everybody, please reply with your experiences about numbness. I am of vits now for 6 months and three weeks. S...
Recent Activity
Blank
TimHa joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 05
Blank
chris677 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 03
Blank
Joshann joined this group
Welcome them!