Aa
A
A
Close

Vitamin D Community

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

41 - 60 (of 271) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
15848200 tn?1456637889
My Vitamin d was 15 I was taking Vitamin d2,My levels went up to 68 , my question is why did my d3 drop from 15 to 8? Thank you
  Posted
Hi everybody I'm new to the site. I'm beck. Almost two months ago I had weight loss surgery and I've been extremely week since surgery and its just gotten worse and it's been hard to work and even walk for 5 minutes without ceili...
  Posted
Hi, My Vitamin D level was 16 ng in late May 2015. Doctor prescribed 50,000 IU Vitamin D2 which I took for 8 weeks. I was retested and my level was 24 ng. He wants me to continue on 50,000 IU Vitamin D2 for 3 months and be retested, b...
  Posted
hc1
Has anyone with low vitamin D had issues with their swallowing muscles being weak? I'm not talking about having a lump in the throat, choking type of swallowing difficulties, I am having a problem with liquid going up into my sinus cavi...
  Posted
Okay so this started about the beginning of the year. And its gotten much worse. My symptoms are. Dizziness, nausea, cramps, hot flashes, cold flashes, lightheadedness, knees hurt, headaches almost daily, fatigue, tremors, weakness, and ...
  Posted
I've had MS since 1987 and been very lucky, haven't taken any Medes, had and episode about every 20 years which I was given 80 mg of Prednisone over a period of time which cured me, but I'm 72 years old now and had a severe episode, trie...
  Posted
I've had this white band that appears only on my index and middle fingers for a few months now (see pic). Also, the lunula on all my fingernails is becoming misshaped and smaller and smaller and it's completely gone on a few fingernails....
  Posted
I am thankful that I found these forums. I had been dealing with all of the usual symptoms that people talk about, specifically brain fog for almost 5 years (off and on) and twitching most recently, mostly in the ankle / lower calf area...
  Posted
1236893 tn?1408490528
A study of postmenopausal women in Wisconsin found no beneficial effect on bone mineral density from giving vitamin D at low-dose (800 IU daily) or high-dose (800 IU daily plus 50,000 IU twice monthly) for 1 year, compared to placebo. Th...
  Posted
1236893 tn?1408490528
High-Dose Vitamin D Increases Upper Respiratory Infections A study among older people found that taking a high dose of vitamin D every 2 months increased the risk of upper respiratory infection by 48% compared to taking low-dose ...
  Posted
In January 2015 I was found with vitamin D level of about 28.8. My doctor prescribed me drops and suggested me to take 20 drops daily. However right from the beginning while I was sleeping at night I had severe pain in my male organ and ...
  Posted
Dr, Every-time i expose my stomach or upper leg to the sunlight it comes out in an itchy and painful rash which stings and bleeds. I always thought it must have been prickly heat but then when i looked up that this is caused by sweating ...
  Posted
Hello I am vitamin d deficient i only found out a month ago my doctor informed me my vitamin d level was untraceable i been put on pro d3 20;000iu what ever that means for 2 week and then been told to have a 4 week break then blood ...
  Posted
I have been badgering my doctor about how I feel my deficiency hasn't been getting any better, she insisted on it just being seasonal depression and "its all in your head". I finally got her to order more bloodwork yesterday.... Well, af...
  Posted
Hi I have a vitamin D/B12 deficiency and hypothyroid. The vitamin D deficiency was diagnosed when suddenly I started having trouble typing with my left hand. My fingers would pain and I had trouble pressing keys of the keyboard with...
  Posted
Everything is fine to start. August 22nd Vit D levels of 13. Nothing is done cause a lot was going on and it got swept away... November still feel, fine. December, best still. January is a bit weird. Late February, can't tell wha...
  Posted
11814884 tn?1424237474
Anyone having rapid heart beat or heart palpitations most part of the day? Even the sensation i can't take enough air when I'm breathing (shortness of breathe)
  Posted
I was told I have no vitamin d at all in my system. They tried from 50,000 to 100 iu's and I get severe reaction. Lethargic, severe muscle pain, Can't function when I take it. The Dr. actually gave up on me and said he didn't know what t...
  Posted
Hello ,i use to be fit 2 years ago and i workout alot back then The. Strted to get pain in my knee then my whole body muscles and sometimes bones..doctors didnt know whats the problem sps some of them thought km injured and told me no...
  Posted
I have severe vitamin D sufficiency. My doctor prescribed 50,000 units of vitamin D daily for one month. Is this safe? Looking forward to some answers. Thanks
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamin D Community Resources