Vocal Cord Paralysis User Group
About This Group:

When I was diagnosed with Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis a year ago, I found it very difficult to find others who also suffer from this. I was, actually still am devastated as it has affected every aspect of my life, and not for the better :-( I have had two Vocal Fold Augmentations over the last year, just buying time to see if my RLN would decide to recover. My doctor is now ready to move on to a more permanent solution. I just want to make the best decision, just like I am sure you do. This is where patients sharing there personal experiences with other patients is so critical. Straight information... nothing sugar coated... just the fact. I mean, we are talking about our voice, as well as the rest of our lives! I would love to bring people who suffer from VCP together to share our stories, feelings, experiences, treatment outcomes, etc.

Founded by Marcia1964 on January 22, 2010
18 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
lukesmom653Sep 21, 2013
By paula4057 Blank
I have had left Vocal Chord Paralysis for 16 months now and have just been told by my speech therapist it is highly u...
1579152_tn?1296331580
Chocolatecity007Jan 15, 2013
By saquay Blank
I'm glad to have finally found a forum to discussion my vocal cord problem. I had surgery on March 9, 2010 to remove ...
By bestbreath
I had my thyroid removed at age 25, and as a result of my surgeon clamping off my vocal chords (in post op report + v...
By ShinyJabberwocky Blank
So in April of 2011, I had my thyroid removed because of some papillary cancer. The vocal nerve was nicked, but the d...
1571368_tn?1295715990
By enaldine Blank
I am a 73 year old female and I lost my voice 16 months ago. It was the first symptom of lung cancer. I have had che...
By connie445 Blank
I have had no voice projection and sometimes no voice at all since August 2012. I have tried making sure I don't yell...
By Andy_11 Blank
Hello to everybody, I suffered from left vocal cord paralysis for close to three months and very recently my vocal...
chloe65Jan 28, 2012
By ShinyJabberwocky Blank
Is there a correlation between the two? My vocal nerve was severed and then immediately repaired when I had a thyroid...
By btcaa Blank
Just curious if anyone has had an arytenoidectomy and if so the complications and recovery process from it. I have b...
MZ33Jan 30, 2011
saquayJan 29, 2011
By MZ33 Blank
I had my 2 cervical fusion surgery 2 years ago and have not had a voice since?I have seen 3 different ENT"s and th...
Recent Activity
Blank
bestbreath joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 06
Blank
lukesmom653 joined this group
Welcome them!
09/13
Blank
paula4057 joined this group
Welcome them!