Aa
A
A
Close
Vocal Cord Paralysis Group
When I was diagnosed with Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis a year ago, I found it very difficult to find others who also suffer from this. I was, actually still am devastated as it has affected every aspect of my life, and not for the better :-( I have had two Vocal Fold Augmentations over the last year, just buying time to see if my RLN would decide to recover. My doctor is now ready to move on to a more permanent solution. I just want to make the best decision, just like I am sure you do. This is where patients sharing there personal experiences with other patients is so critical. Straight information... nothing sugar coated... just the fact. I mean, we are talking about our voice, as well as the rest of our lives! I would love to bring people who suffer from VCP together to share our stories, feelings, experiences, treatment outcomes, etc.
1 - 20 (of 12) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello to everybody, I suffered from left vocal cord paralysis for close to three months and very recently my vocal cord regained movem...
1 answer |
So I have Unilateral vocal cord paralysis. I have had it since I was a baby because of a operation. I have had a operation since then to ...
1 answer |
I have right vocal cord paralysis. My right vocal cord is stuck open at 11:00 position. I was only diagnosed a month ago and I start the...
I have had left Vocal Chord Paralysis for 16 months now and have just been told by my speech therapist it is highly unlikely to come back...
2 answers |
1579152 tn?1296331580
I'm glad to have finally found a forum to discussion my vocal cord problem. I had surgery on March 9, 2010 to remove my thyroid, and my l...
2 answers |
I had my thyroid removed at age 25, and as a result of my surgeon clamping off my vocal chords (in post op report + verified by another s...
So in April of 2011, I had my thyroid removed because of some papillary cancer. The vocal nerve was nicked, but the doctor realized what ...
1571368 tn?1295715990
I am a 73 year old female and I lost my voice 16 months ago. It was the first symptom of lung cancer. I have had chemo and radiation and...
I have had no voice projection and sometimes no voice at all since August 2012. I have tried making sure I don't yell- gone very long per...
Is there a correlation between the two? My vocal nerve was severed and then immediately repaired when I had a thyroidectomy, but my one f...
1 answer |
Just curious if anyone has had an arytenoidectomy and if so the complications and recovery process from it. I have bilateral vocal cord ...
I had my 2 cervical fusion surgery 2 years ago and have not had a voice since?I have seen 3 different ENT"s and they all say I have a ...
2 answers |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
tbrownarmywife joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 18
Blank
tbrownarmywife joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09