Aa
A
A
Close

Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS), multiple myeloma, and plasmapheresis.

41 - 60 (of 67) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have fibromyalgia and MGUS reading of 7.5 for quite a few years. I am now experiencing terrific fatique, bone pain, etc., can anyone tell me what kind of docotor to even go to and is it even worth seeking out someone with the 7.5 MGUS ...
Moeswidow | Last answer
I went to an endocronologist for osteoperosis. He took tests and one of them was the protein test. It showed that I had an IGM of 500. I had no idea what IGM was, I was then sent to a hemotologist, oncologist and had.a 24 hour urine ...
arls516 | Last answer
I was diagnoised just after my 18th birthday with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia, I've been battling WM and SSI for almost 3 years now...how old where when you where diagnoised? I've been told that I'm one of the youngest if not the yo...
babywm | Last answer
A friend was recently diagnosed with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia. He has had a persistent chronic nonproductive cough for several years which is getting worse. Doctors do not seem to be interested in his cough. Could it be a sy...
Sandymif | Last answer
I was 29 years old when diagnosed with Waldenstrom's. The diagnosis was preceeded by a two-year medical investigation as to why my SR was rising. Only two months prior to the diagnosis, my doctor still believed it was some inflammatory d...
annrie | Last answer
I realize this is a WM forum - but I am unsure where to turn. I am a 41 yr old with a 10 yr history of IgM monoclonal paraprotienemia (w/elevated B2 Microglobulins). Additionally, I have been treated for hypercalcemia and had all othe...
ScarlettRae | Last answer
Hello, I have HCV, cryoglobulinemia, and a monoclonal gammopathy IgM 0.5 g/dl. My rheumatologist found it as my RF is 214. I was dx'd just about 4 months ago and still awaiting interferon/ribavirin tx. I have questions and my hematolog...
defyingtheodds | Last answer
Can any oneone help me Mum is 85yrs old and has been suffering with Waldenstroms Macroglobulinaemia for 10 yrs she had chemotherapy six yrs ago having just had a check we have received a letter from the consultant who has reporte...
lornab | Last answer
491828_tn?1305323380
Hi, i am a 19 year old female who has been dizzy since Janurary this year. I have been to the doctors and have had lots of tests done to find out what is causing my dizziness. I have a heart murmur but i hae had that checked out and the ...
red_arrows | Last answer
507642_tn?1210766370
Lately the fatigue I am experiencing is daunting; since I do not have an MD right now, i wonder if any of you have ideas on how to cope. It comes on suddenly, generally after I have been up 3-4 hours; and often when I am out doing erran...
MadameB | Last answer
146866_tn?1199599344
Has it been determined if waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia is genetic? Is there a genetic test for it.
hanaguchi | Last answer
Thank you Dennis for responding to my earlier question re: a periodic M-spike. Indeed I have had a BM biopsy done (although it was 9 yrs ago) which showed 20% plasma cells and an absence of marrow Fe stores. Persistent elevation on the...
ScarlettRae | Last answer
507642_tn?1210766370
Thanks for the input; I forgot to mention that I am also allergic to Rituxan, which makes me a complicated treatment risk. My first round of standard chemo included the rituxan and we moved from rashes to mucous membrane swelling as the...
MadameB | Last answer
507642_tn?1210766370
I am in limbo with treatment; standard chemo left me with extensive peripheral neuropathy. The fatigue makes it hard for me to function after 1 p.m. and driving is not always safe when tired. I was on a clinical trial of RAD001, but mi...
MadameB | Last answer
10947_tn?1281407852
Hi, We're happy to introduce our newest feature - Health Pages. Health Pages are public documents on health topics created in collaboration by MedHelp users. So much more than a dictionary, they can be a compilation of FAQs, a listing...
Med Help | Posted
264121_tn?1313033056
I was under the impression from what I'd read that there was research being done on Waldenstrom and stem cell transplants but then my family was told that this was not something that was being done so I'm a little confused. I was wond...
alagirl | Last answer
Hi: I was wondering what are the tests for this rare cancer? I have been sick for over 2 years and have along with various dx's that dont cover everything still feel this goes under one umbrella- due to evrything happening within a y...
georgie434 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Community Resources