Aa
A
A
Close

Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Forum

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

101 - 120 (of 947) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I need a little help. I have been at the same weight for 3wks. I'm even drinking more water and cut back eating a lot. I lost a lot of weight at first and now I stuck.
  Posted
1968945 tn?1325865275
When I survey the list of micro-nutrients that show up on my MedHelp chart, I noticed that I am at '0' for biotin, chloride, chromium, iodine, and molybdeum. Must I find sources of these in order to be balanced? Are they necessary? What ...
  Posted
Should I avoid rice if I want to lose weight?
  Posted
What is the highest my heart rate should go when running?
  Posted
I have Hypothyroidism. My thyroid does not work at all. Can someone please tell me what to do to lose weight.
  Posted
Hello everyone, I have a problem. I took hydroxycut and seem to have missed the directions completely and took two on day one instead of one. I took them a week ago today and have not taken any since and i have not been able to recover. ...
  Posted
hello I was prescribed phentermine 37.5mg by my doctor and was told to sign up for weight watchers. I have been doing this for 7 weeks now and I have lost 22lbs. But this week I started walking 45mins a day and Im well below my points fo...
  Posted
2023006 tn?1328795351
Ok I know that when you first start working out and exercising to it is normal to have weight gain...Due to building muscles and the water gain as you stretch and tear muscles..But How long should your weight be going up?? I have alre...
  Posted
1987892 tn?1326694376
If you join a weight loss program do you have to eat their foods or can u buy your own from the store? Is it ok to eat weight watchers snacks like, cookies, cakes or bownies
  Posted
2015632 tn?1328940538
I just started the gym. Changed my diet and follow my health journal. I have only lost two pounds. I weigh 252 am 32 5ft 6in. I want to be healthy again. Do you have any advice? And on an 1800 calorie diet how many calories a day d...
  Posted
i'm 87 kg weighed and need to loose 6 kg what is tge best to do for loosing this weight in least period of time??
  Posted
My daughter was completely normal in height and weight until around 6 yrs old. My daughter had problems with ear infections which resulted in her being on antibiotics a lot. She also had steroids when she had pneumonia. Her adenoids, ton...
  Posted
Hi There! I have PCOs and it gets hard for me to loose weight. Off the late I have been on Loesterin 24 Fe and have put on. I have stopped it for some days now and want to reduce weight naturally and fast and want to become healthy so t...
  Posted
I work in maintenance and I walk a lot during a 6 hour shift. For the most part it's mainly walking, and pushing a semi-heavy cart along with the walking. I work 5 days a week doing this. I am not sure if this is mild, moderate, or extre...
  Posted
I want to be motivated always when it comes to losing weight. I want some motivation.
  Posted
I'm 15 and overweight its not very bad, but I want to be slimmer. People tell me I'm not far, and all I would need to do is maybe run on the treadmill for a few minutes a day, but I see myself as way fatter than that. Sometimes it gets s...
  Posted
1110049 tn?1409405744
I am a 71 year old woman living in the UK. I am on anti-depressants. I have arthritis. I have put on a lot of weight. In UK we show our weight as stones and pounds, not just pounds. The only exercise I do is walking, but not every d...
  Posted
Hello, I'm new here and need some help. I am so close to giving up with my weight loss routine, as things just aren't moving forward and it's frustrating. Here's my story: I'm a 37 year old male, 5 ft 11 inches tall, currently fl...
  Posted
1110049 tn?1409405744
I am having a "down" episode at the moment, and cannot be bothered with my weight loss. I always eat too much when depressed, but it doesn't really help.
  Posted
I am 100 pounds over weight.. how can I loss weight fast and keep it off.. I need to loss this 100 pounds before summer.. I got 5 months.. someone please help..
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank