Aa
A
A
A
Close

previous question

mel
I noticed that my question posted earlier was skipped concerning
ectopic tachycardia. I hope you respond soon......
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
238671 tn?1189755832
If it happens that infrequently, I would favor treatment only if it produces serious symptoms when it occurs (loss of consciousness,  severe chest pain, profound shortness of breath).
Helpful - 0
mel
One more question.  What if it is very infrequent, happening only
once every 1 to 2 years at a time.
Helpful - 0
mel
My rate is always anywhere from 230 to 245.  How dangerous would you consider that.
Helpful - 0
238671 tn?1189755832
That rate is quite high. In that case I would favor another try at ablation.
Helpful - 0
238671 tn?1189755832
Generally, this is not a very serious condition, unless the rate is very slow or very fast. Ablation is a safe procedure with moderate success rates for atrial tachycardia - the rates of success are highest if the exact origin of the arrhythmia can be pinpointed and, thus, ablated. This is not always possible and perhaps this is why you r first attempt at ablation was not successful.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.