Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

His bundle ablation

I have had inappropriate sinus tachycardia for 5 years. Two sinus node ablations have been unsuccessful and now a His bundle ablation with permanent pacing has been advised. Do you think this would be a good solution, and are there any drawbacks?
Thanks for your advice.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'd like to respond to the messages of both Jackie and Chas D. I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia and have had 3 sinus node modifications and the third one slowed the rate dramatically. Still having problems sometimes. AV Node ablation was discussed but my EP was determined to avoid it. You are both welcome to email for my story. I've a LONG history of this complaint.
Regards [email protected]
Helpful - 0
I am writing you to talk to you about the diagnosis of inappropriate sinus tachycardia. I have been having tachycardia for 6 years and have been unable to get an exact diagnosis. Would you please write back and tell me your story and symtoms. I am writing to get an opinion from the doctor on this board so if you want to read my story instead of me typing it twice, i wrote it on OCT14 under the name ChasD title "Inappropriate Sinus Tach,WPW,or Panic attacks" THANKS Any imfo is appreciated

Helpful - 0
Dear Jackir,

This is the last approach for this problem and leaves you completely reliant on a pacemaker to make your heart beat.  I might consider a second opinion prior to considering this option.  I would recommend Dr. Bruce Wilkoff here at CCF if you have further questions. or require additional opinions.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.