Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SVT

Hello!

I am a 27 year old male. About 2 years ago i had my first episode of tachycardia at a job interview. I went to my GP who said it was nothing to worry about. I did not have another episode until this January. Since than, i have had 5 (all have been exercise related). I have been to a cardiologist, we induced a tachycardia (283 beats a minute), and he has diagnosis me with SVT.  My one question is:

The tachycardia occurs ONLY when I bend over or kneel. I can not find any information as to why this would be the case. Can you help? (would abolation work for me?)

Thank you
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
238668 tn?1232732330
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Glad to know this helps someone.  SVT -supraventricular tachycardia.
Helpful - 0
I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES WHEN I READ YOUR STORY! I AM A 29 YR OLD WOMAN WHO HAS BEEN TELLING PEOPLE FOR A WHILE THAT I ONLY EXPERIENCE PALPATATIONS AND TACHYCARDIA WHEN I LEAN OVER AND BEND DOWN, JUST LIKE YOU SAID. I ALSO GET IT WHENI LAY ON MY LEFT SIDE. I FELT CRAZY TELLING PEOPLE THAT BUT WHEN I READ YOUR STORY I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, IT SOUNDED JUST LIKE ME! I AM WEARING A HOLTER MONITOR RIGHT NOW. I HAD AN ECHO DONE TODAY AND WONT KNOW THE RESULTS FOR ABOUT A WEEK. WHILE THEY WERE DOING THE ECHO, I HAD A PALPATATION AND I WAS WATCHING MY HEART ON THE SCREEN AND I SAW EVERYTHING STOP FOR A SECOND AND IT SCARED ME TO DEATH! I HAVE THREE KIDS AND MY HUSBAND AND I ARE ON OPPOSITE SHIFTS AND WORK 50 OR MORE HOURS A WEEK. I KNOW I AM EXTREMELY STRESSED. I HOPE THIS IS THE CAUSE AND IT IS NOT PHYSICAL, BECAUSE I DO TEND TO HAVE ANXIETY. I HOPE THIS HELPED YOU TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE ELSE FEELS SYMPTOMS LIKE YOU. I WILL KNOW MY RESULTS IN A WEEK HOPEFULLY!! LET ME KNOW WHAT OPTION YOU END UP TAKING. WHAT IS SVT?  THANK-YOU, DINA
Helpful - 0
238668 tn?1232732330
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I can't think of an explaination for this but it can probably be treated with either medications or an ablation.  Your cardiologist can recommend which would be better for you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.