Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Aortic Valve

PR
My aortic valve regurgitation has progressed from mild to moderate.  I have noticed, especially when going to bed, that my heartbeat has become much more forceful.  To the point of being annoying.  I know this sounds funny, but it is quite unconfortable.  I try to find positions that reduce this feeling.  Nothing seems to work.  Have you ever heard of this before?  Sould I be concerned.  Thank you very much.  I am a 48 y/o female.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI! I have AR 3+ too and feel my heart beat all the time as well as when I lie on on my left side can feel the LV beating against my ribs, sometimes it beats so hard I can hear it.  I also have mitral stenosis, which is what my doctors worry more about, go figure?
Helpful - 0
238671 tn?1189755832
Yes, I have heard of this before. People are sometimes aware of their aortic regurgitation, as it can create a pulsating feeling similar to what you describe. This in itself is not concerning, as long as the aortic regurgitation has not become more severe since your last round of testing.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.