Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stomach Inflammation

My husband recently had an endoscopy that revealed a stomach inflammation.  Biopsy showed no cancer cells and no signs of infection.  Prilosec did nothing for him, he has just started Nexium. He also takes Axid at night before bed.

He feels burning in his stomach, and a lot of gas and pressure.  He can't eat acidic foods and milk is very soothing to his stomach.  He feels like he is going to vomit, but feels better after he eats.

What could this be from and is he on the right medication.  Should he be on antibiotics in case the inflammation is from another kind of bacteria (other than H. pylori).

Thanks.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You know this is really something you need to be discussing with your doctor. I have GERD and stomach inflammation and I can tell you sometimes it takes months to recover from the stomach inflammation. My GERD is due to a weak LES so I have had to modify my lifestyle, diet, the way sleep, when I eat and how much I eat. I am on Aciphex 20 mg a day now, but prior to that it was prevacid, then prilosec, then Nexium and I find that the Aciphex has help me with the frying I feel in my stomach the best and esophagus.  I've been sick for almost 4 months now.

A endoscopy is the ultimate tool for diagnosing stomach and esophagus diseases and a well trained GI doctor would know exactly what he is doing and I am sure he biopsy for everthing he thought it could be.  Please take your questions and concerns back to your GI doctor don't be scared, okay it is your husbands life here. Do it if you have doubts..please!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 1
Also, check with doctor to see if using Gas-X will help with excessive gas and bloating with the PPI.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem