Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can anyone tell me what is going on?

Heres my problem.  Right after I eat, and I mean right after, I have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea.  I have terrible stomach pains right in the center of my lower abdomen.  It doesnt matter what type of food I eat so I know that its not lactose intolerence. I can eat perfecrtly healthy and it still happens to me.   My stools are a mixer of loose, floating, and sometimes formed.  I have was not able to make it the bathroom 4 times and all have been in public places.  It is taking over my life.  I cant enjoy anything because I am embarrased.  I really dont want to go to the dr cuz I dont want to drink that crappy stuff.  Also, my lower stomach has become very distended this last week.  I just need answers.  I have looked on the internet, but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.  I work out 5 days per week, and my life is not so streesful. This started about 2 years ago and the last 6 months is when it started taking over.  If anyone could help, you dont know how much it would mean to me.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well I did it.  I went to a gastro dr.  I ended up having to have a colonoscopy.  I dont think he did it though cuz but butt wasnt sore afterwards.  Anyhow, the nurse called and a left a message that all my test results were fine.  Well today, I went to the bathroom and there was dark blood mixed in the stool and blood on the toilet paper.  I have also experienced mucus covering my stools.  I dont want to go back becuz I dont know what else can be done about it.  What confused me is that right afterward the colonoscopy he put me on generic flagyl.  Why, I dont know.  He wasnt a very good doctor.  He didnt even tell me how things went.  So know what do I do???
Helpful - 0
Your symptoms could be due to a number of different causes and it is impossible to know what to do or to make recommendation without determining why this situation is occurring.  I know you don't want to, but it would be best to see a GI (gastroenterologist) Dr to find out what is happening and why.  Particularly as the symptoms have gotten worse and are affecting your life.  Barium drink is not so bad as it sounds - and surely short term minor discomfort to find out what is up would be better than what you have now.  Good luck and let us know how you go.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem