Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anal bleeding and upset stomach in morning??

Im only 20 years old and for about a year and a half everyonce on a while when I wake up in the morning i'll get an upset stomach most of the time resulting in diarrhea.  It also happened mostly if I had an important place to go early in the morning and if i was nervous.  In the past few months i began to get this pain when I used the restroom and found that there was bright red blood on the tissue but not always on the stools.  Blood has been on the stools maybe 3 times in the past few months.  It began to get better for about a week then just today it hurt again when I used the restroom.  Although there was no blood this time im still curious as to what it might be.  I also noticed that in some of my stools there are some foods that were not completly digested for example lettuce... Im not sure if this is normal so please let me know.  I haven't been to the Doc yet because im a little uncomfortable about it.  I can tell a difference when i change my diet.  Are there any kind of over the counter medicine that could help me, maybe a stool softener or metimucil(not sure how to spell it) or any other fiber?  Thanks for any help.

P.S.  I also have lower backpains that i've have for years and also stiffness.  Sometimes when i get the stiffness and pain in my lower back I get the upset stomach which leads to diarrhea.

Rob
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, same problem to a T was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, upset stomach was started.
Helpful - 0
Hey, As I was reading your comment, I was amazed that I have the same problem. Have you gone to the doc? I haven't because of the same reason, but I'm getting worried. I'm also 20 years old, and have the same symptoms you've had. Except for the nervousness and diarrhea, but the blood issue is exactly the same. Let me know.
Helpful - 0
The undigested food is probably normal.  I have that sometimes also.  Your nervousness will difinitely lead to the diarhea because your bowels are all stressed.  The bleeding can be from polyps or internal hemmoroids.  I had the bleeding and had a colonoscopy and they found 3 three polyps and 1 internal hemmoroid.  That was last September and I think I need to go again, but this time it may be external hemmoroids. I hope this helps, keep in touch
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem