Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Serious Pain: Please Help

I am suffering from extreme stomach pain every morning after sleep.
Doctor claims some level of gastritis.
Do find my stomach is slow to empty after meals.

User Lanzor-- Lansoprazole 30 mg before sleep.-- Control Acid secretion.

Ulsanic- Sucralfate--no impact.
Prepulsid did help-- Now banned.(10 mg)

I now try to set a second clock to wake me up after 6 hours of sleep to wake me up and take some anti-acid(Maalox). This seems to limit the pain.
I do wait for some three hours after dinner before going to sleep.
I have also found that sleeping in an upright position helps.
Diet -- Monitor closely- Not Spicy/no alcohol/no meat in evening.

Tests done:
a) Hida- No problems
b) 360 scan of Stomach - No Problems.
c) No H Pylori.
d) No Blood in stool
e) Not Diabetic.
f) Gastroscopy did not show any ulcers
g) Colonoscopy- No Problems.

The pain is however getting worse-Fast.

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Are you sure you don't have an ulcer?? Ask your doctor about this. I don't like the sound of the severe pain!!! Find a really good Gastro-enterologist. Get a second opinion, or third, etc.!!

Also, have you tried DGL (De-glycyrrhizinated licorice) yet? You can get this "safe" form of licorice from a health food store. It comes in a CHEWABLE tablet, and seems to help some people's ulcers, and GERD.

Also ask your doctor about a special GERD pillow that helps some GERD patients.

Organic, fresh CARROT JUICE, in small amounts has helped some people with ulcers, gastritis, etc.

Visit a health food store, and look through some of their books, (like those written by Michael T. Murray, N.D. and the Nutritional book by Dr. Balch, etc.) and talk to knowledgable sales people, and customers there.

Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon!

Sincerely, Concerned lady
***@****
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
Helpful - 0
I agree with Mary Ann. Nexium is a WONDERFUL product.  Ask your doctor to give you a couple weeks supply to see if it helps.  Also if you can't afford to purchase the Nexium after you find out how wonderfully it works, some doctors will continue to supply you with samples.  I believe Nexium is about $130 for a 30 day supply.  But I have found it does work very well.  Best of luck to you.
Helpful - 0
i know purpulsid was band  (thank GOD .it caused my heart to have a fit not to mention my heart valve now leaks because of it )  but enough about that .there is a better drug out there and it is called nexium  (for acid reflux better known as chronic heart burn)  ask your doctor to let you try it for a couple of weeks and see if that works for you .good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem